1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning a .img file

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by buz0340, Feb 16, 2005.

1. buz0340

buz0340 Member

hi, i have tried multiple times and failed multiple times trying to burn a .img file. i have tried burning the img with dvddecrypter, and also i change the file name to .iso and tried it with nero. neither worked. isobuster does not allow me to explore the files within, but i can get Virtual Daemeon Manager to assign it to a virtual drive and it will play in windows media player but not power dvd. i hate wasted discs, can anyone help please?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Try the renaming method to .ISO and use Decrypter.

3. buz0340

buz0340 Member

thanks for the suggestion, but it doesnt work either

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

How or where did this supposidly .img file come from? It dosent sound like it is an image file at all?

5. buz0340

buz0340 Member

the image file is from extracted .rar files downloaded off the internet. i have changed other .img files to .iso files and had succsess burning them, but the last two i havent been able to. And i dont think they are bad files. so any ideas?? thanks for the help so for!!

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well I am starting to belive these are probably bad files.

7. cosmic70

cosmic70 Member

I'm in somewhat the same boat. Extracted .Rar files to get a .img file that I can only mount in Daemontools. It plays using powerdvd (If I agree to change the region code), and possibly other players, but I cannot get it to burn to disk either.

Loading the disk I tried burning, and using DVD Decrypter, I see the disk I burned is region free (all regions listed, RCE protection - No), instead of just region 2 as listed on the img file. I also see that there is no CSS on the disk I burned. However, my Lite-on sohw-1633s nor my pioneer home player will read the disk.

So, what I want to know is how I can go about burning this? Alcohol 120% and nero ultra refuse to recognize the .img format. I converted to files using a4dvd shrinker (while removing region code) and tried burning those files with nero ultra, but no luck.

any ideas?

8. buz0340

buz0340 Member

well, heres what i got now. i converted the .img file to a .iso by renaming it, then i tried burning it with a different dvdr media. and well it worked. then i tried the other media again, and it did not work. heres the funny part, the media that works is some crappy khypermedia discs, and the ones that dont work are Taiyo Yuden DVDR's. i thought these were suppose to be the best??
    i posted the nero log file online, heres a link

http://m-b.50megs.com/nero.html

hopefully this can help
    thanks

9. opwords

opwords Member

hello i just got a dvd burner today and am trying to burn a dvd right now, i have one of those .img files and i can extract the audio and video_ts folders from that file using winrar. im going to try and burn those using nero express.