1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem burning after using DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gdenton, Mar 5, 2005.

1. gdenton

gdenton Member

I haven't been able to burn a dvd after using DVD Shrink 3.2 yet! :( I use DVD Decrypter first, then run Shrink (with the box checked to "enable burning w/ Nero" under the "File I/O" tab). But after it successfully Shrinks the dvd, it says that the burn process has failed. Therefore I try to manually burn the updated file with Nero StartSmart. No can do. It won't let me even start to burn it in Nero. I've got my burner selected as the correct drive as well. I don't know what's wrong. Please help!

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Can you try burning with dvd decrypter instead?

Dvd shrink and nero do 95% + on my backups.You might want to open up dvd shrink/edit/preferences/file I/O tab and make sure "enable burn with nero" box is ticked.
    Untick it if you try dvd decrypter to burn.

Have you ever been able to burn a dvd on any other programs?

It sounds like you are doing everything ok as far as placing that file on your hard drive, The burner's firmware may not be programmed for your media:
    What brand name /speed/and format are you trying to burn?: Example fuji +8x

What is your brand name and model # of burner and firmware version?

Does it actually try to burn or errors out at the lead-in phase? Look at the bottom of one of your unseccesful discs to see a color change-if it actually started to burn.

Get some rw's to practice with.You seem to have a media issue,but many/many more possibilities.