1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning Audio CD-R with Nero 5.5 and 6.6

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by BrianB34, Dec 9, 2004.

1. BrianB34

BrianB34 Guest

I'm having a problem wither Nero. I'm using 5.5 and I tried 6.6 and I get the same error.

Operating System is Win XP and drive is a LG DVD Read/ CD Burner.

When I burn a CD everything looks fine but when I go to play it on Windows Media Player or my car's cd changer it has problems.

On media player it always shows one or two tracks that should be 3-5 min at 45 min to several hours long and they aren't. This freaks out WMP and my car cd changer wont paly it either. I have to manually skip over the bad tracks.

I've tried this at different speeds and as Isaid before diferent versions of the software.

Is there anything else I can do? I need a program that slows down the drive so my car changer can read the disks. Buring at 48 speed just wastes disks for me because the changer cant read them.

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Have you tried slower write speeds using Nero? Have you tried different brands of CDR Media? Do you have the latest firmware for your model recorder?

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. BrianB34

BrianB34 Guest

Yes I slowed it down to 24 speed and it still does it.

As for firmware, to not sound silly, but what is that?

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

The firmware is the brain of the Recorder. It controls the power used to write, the read and write stratigies for various brands of media, etc.

You need to go to the Recorder MFG's website to obtain the latest firmware for your model recorder.

And 24x speed is not really slow, you should drop it down to 8x and see if that helps. It may not, but if you really want to see if speed is an issue, you need to go low sometimes. :)

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

5. BrianB34

BrianB34 Guest

Ok, got the firmware updated and ran at 8x and it still does it.

Could it be a problems with the mp3 files or with the conversion to audio?

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I would recommend the following...

1) See if the Audio CD's you created will play back using Nero ShowTime, or NeroMix.

2) Try more than one brand of CDR media

3) Make sure that the power from your computer to the Recorder is not being shared by another device. If the recorder is not getting enough power, I've seen where its gets just enough not to cause an error message, but fail to burn a readable CD.

If Nero ShowTime is unable to play the CD's, using your Recorder that created them as the source, and this occurs with more than one brand of media, then you very likely have a Recorder that needs cleaning or alignment.

As a last check, before sending your recorder in for service, you should try another recording software just so that you are 100% sure it's the recorder and not software.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

7. BrianB34

BrianB34 Guest

Well I couldn't get Nero ShowTime or NeroMix but I tried Apple Itunes and Real Player and they all do the same thing. They will lock up or skip over the 2 bad tracks.

On the media front I tried 4 different types of CD-R and they all do it. I also moved the "bad" track around and it didn't follow the songs it stayed on the same two bad tracks.

I tried Itunes to burn and got the same issue so it's leading to the burner as the culprit. Is it worth to send the drive in or just get another drive. It's a LG DVD Read/CD Burner

8. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

If the drive is in warranty, I would send it in for repair or replacement, as over all its a good model.

And free repair or replacement is almost always better than paying for a new device.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

9. BrianB34

BrianB34 Guest

Not it's not under warranty. I bought it over a year ago.

I'm going to try reducing the tracks to see if that helps. I'm trying to burn 17 tracks in it. I'll try 14-15 and see if it still does it.

10. BrianB34

BrianB34 Guest

One more thing, thank you Craig for your help in this matter :)

11. CJC

CJC Regular member

Posting your Nero Burn Log may help out with this matter aswell.

If its a few particular tracks, maybe its the conversion from MP3 to Audio.

Try downloading a MP3 to WAV converter, then adding the WAV file to Nero instead of MP3 and see if that fixes it.

CJC