1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning avi bbmayo guide

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by gohawks, Feb 14, 2007.

1. gohawks

gohawks Guest

hi there. I have had a couple of problems arise.
    1. I have used nero to convert a few AVI files to DVD which played fine. Lately it has been going through the whole transcoding portion(about 2 hours) and than it says insert disc with sufficient space????

2. Than i tried bbmayo's guide(thank you) and it went through the whole process and said disc was burned successfully. Well i try putting the disc in my cpu and the drive just keeps making a noise and wont read the disc. Same thing happens in my dvd player. Advice is appreciated. I have one error log i believe that i saved with the nero problem

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hello gohawks,

what kind of DVD media are you using.

Also after the files have been processed threw DivXtoDVD can you play the movie from the hard drive files created from that process? If you can I would suggest this could be a media problem.

A better way to check these files would be when you get to step 14 using DVD Shrink instead of selecting ISO image select the option to backup your files to "Hard Disk Folder" then after Shrink is done doing what it does try and play those files from the folder created in Shrink. If they play from there then it more than likely is your media.

3. gohawks

gohawks Guest

thanks for the response. I will see if i can play them. I am using Sony DVD +R. THey worked for some of the previous movies. I just ordered some DVD-R 8x Taiyo Yuden after reading the media sticky. I will post back my results. Take care

4. gohawks

gohawks Guest

alright, yes the movies do seem to play just fine when i open them up. Wonder why the sony discs work fine sometimes and not at all other times???

Also, is there any way for the subtitles to be put on the disc with the AVI files. Thank you very much for the help

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Sony discs are pretty much hit or miss I have found out, but try burning at the slowest speed possible and see if that helps. You could try updating your drives firmware as well.

If you put anything else on these discs like data can your drive read them? It's odd if you can burn to the drive that your actual burner that made the disc can't read it... Hmmmmmm

6. gohawks

gohawks Guest

i have never put data on them. Like i said, some of the movies turned out great but lately they have all been giving me errors. Either nero doing 2 hours of transcoding only to give me a disc is too small error OR the whole process saying disc done successfully and than nothing shows on it.

Not sure how to update my drive. I will try doing a search. ANy other advice appreciated. Thanks alot

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well if you can afford to try backing up some data to one of those DVDs. Backup your My Documents folder or something and then see if you can read that disk.

Also what is Brand and Model number of your drive?

8. gohawks

gohawks Guest

my laptop is a gateway 7215 gx. The drive doesnt have a model number on it

9. gohawks

gohawks Guest

i think i mighthave used my last sony disc. I just ordered the 100 pack of the TY so hopefully that will work.