1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning compressed files with liteon - Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Darkoed, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Darkoed

Darkoed Member

I recently purchased a 48x24xx48x writer, although it burns audio and data fine it has a problem with compressed files. For instance i try to burn a BIN file and on installation it will find corrupt segments in the compressed .cab files,but install the rest of the other files. (but overall corrupt installation)

I usually use Nero or CDRWIN and have tried lowering the speed of writing to about 12x to see if they wudnt corrupt, no difference. Im using A grade Disks so it isnt them and the BIN is fine i have tested it burning on someone elses machine.

Any idea how or what is wrong and how to correct the problem? Much appreciated any suggestions.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Did you check the .bin on the HD is not corrupted? (use CDMage Action---> Scan for corruption). If it is, this is a lost cause.

3. Darkoed

Darkoed Member

No i said the BIN is fine, i tested it burning on another machine and it was fine. This goes for any BIN, ISO i burn, but only corrupts on the .CAB file due to its compression? :/

4. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

5. Darkoed

Darkoed Member

Thanks for the help but ive managed to sort it now using different software Alchohol 120% did the trick!