1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem burning dvd+r with nero burning rom

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by melly11, Mar 8, 2007.

1. melly11

melly11 Guest

i AM HAVING A PROBLEM BURNING DATAWARE 16x DVD+R'S with nero burning rom, my DVD is SLIMTYPEdvdrw sosw-833s vrs2, could someone please help this amature compute dude out!!!!!!

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Could you elaborate on exactly what you are trying to do? Which Nero utility, what are you burning, how are you burning, you know----the steps you take to get to the burning stage?

3. melly11

melly11 Guest

thanx for replying
    well:
    1]open "nero burning rom"
    2]choose "favorites" then choose "Make your own dvd video"
    3]"untitled project" window comes up
    4]then choose "add video files"
    5]then i choose the directory where the movie i want to burn is.
    6]choose "open"
    7]choose "next" and "select window" comes up
    8]choose "next and "preview window" comes up
    9}choose "burn" and it will not burn to the drive which is e:, my dvd-rw drive which is the "SLIMTYPEDVDRW SOSW-833S VRS2"

Not sure if you can make heads or tails of this but its the best way i can explain it'

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

OK, you are using NeroVision 4 to burn a DVD.

On the top right hand side of the Burn Options window, there is a "Burn To" option. Do you have your drive selected there. It should also be listed on the bottom right in the "Current Destination" box.

If you have your drive selected as the destination, what happens when you try to burn to it, any messages? Does it try to burn and then quit?

5. melly11

melly11 Guest

yes i have the right destination drive selected, then i press burn and it transcode's and it says up in the left hand corner "burning to disk" but my green light on my drive doesn't flash and when it's done burning, the disk pop's out but the movie doesn't burn to the disk.

6. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

See if you can find a HeroHistory log to post, but edit out your serial number. It is just a text file, so open it in Notepad and copy and paste it. Maybe someone will see something that could help.

Next time you try, you might burn the project to the image recorder. That makes an image which you can burn later using Nero Burning ROM. Using Nero Burning ROM, you can look under Recorder-Burn Image and then burn that image to the DVD. At least you won't be wasting any DVDs and you will know if the problem is in transcoding, or the actual burning, and you won't have to waste time with the transcoding.

7. melly11

melly11 Guest

alright. thanx again i really appreciate it