1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning DVD's

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by EvonneT01, Dec 18, 2004.

1. EvonneT01

EvonneT01 Member

I installed the platinum dvd x program on my laptop, but when I burn DVDs they never work afterward. The program will say, "Burn completed successfully" but the copy will never play on any dvd player including the computer that I used to burn it. The computer will give me an error message that says "Windows can not read from this disk, the disk might be corrupted,or it could be using a format that is not compatible with Windows. Some of my friends use this same program and they do not have any problems. Please help. My laptop burner is a DVD+R/RW and I use blank dvd+r to record on. I really, really, really need some help. Thanks

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hello EvonneT01, What +r media are you using?

3. EvonneT01

EvonneT01 Member

Hello,
    I use the maxell dvd+r up to 8x 4.7GB sp mode blank dvd to record on my laptop.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello evonne, Maxell's are pretty good so that probably rules out media.Did you try slowing down the burn speed? Have you tried dvd shrink and nero? You can get dvd shrink free here and also a 30 day trial of nero .Instead of nero,you can burn with dvd decrypter,also free here.Some say it is just as good as dvd xcopy.Later

5. EvonneT01

EvonneT01 Member

Hello,
    I have tried everything under the sun to burn a dvd and it WILL NOT WORK!!! I was wondering about the normal dvd burners, that can be bought in the store. Do they burn copyrighted or protected dvd's, if so what is the best model to get. I need one ASAP!! Thank you.