1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning games, crappy discs.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dolphziggler23, Nov 13, 2013.

1. dolphziggler23

dolphziggler23 Newbie

I've been burning and playing Xbox games for a few month, using Verbatim discs, and had no problems at all.

I thought I'd be cheap, and instead of buying 10 Verbatim discs for £10, I bought 25 Aone discs for £8.50.

I've been trying to burn a game onto one of these discs using IMGBurn, and it just doesn't work. Right at the end it comes up with an I/O error.

Is there any way I can burn a game onto these discs? I would show you what DVD drive, but I don't know how (I'm in Windows 8, still learning)

Thanks for any help.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Aone is about the worst crap you can buy. All you can do is keep trying to burn the game onto those discs and hope for a working burn.

3. dolphziggler23

dolphziggler23 Newbie

Thanks for the quick reply.

Instead of buying more discs, is there a way I can play games from an external hardrive? I think I have an RGH console, I'm saying this because I just tried to install XEX menu via external hardrive and it came up as "corrupted"

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

I use verbatims Singapore 003's all the time.However someone gave me a pack of AONE PLUS GOLD EDITION that they were never going to use.Only had one failed disc so far burning a xgd3 backup with a ihas 124B.Yes the kprobe results are a little high but they install fine to the HDD.So from my personal experience it IS possible to get a working backup its all to do with a little tweaking of the imgburn settings,your burner and a cruiser ship load of sheer damn luck!! They might be able to burn xgd2 games but i would personally stay with verbs from Singapore.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

download freestyledash v2.2 or the latest v3,once downloaded extract it from zip or rar,you should now be looking at a folder with either the normal nxe style numbering or a portable type with the xex.exe,if it's the latter place the folder onto the external then boot the 360,navigate to the fsd folder & hit the xex,if fsd starts up your console is modded if it doesn't it ain't

if you downloaded the nxe style you'll need to place it in the content/00000 / folder then reboot & you should now see it in the games list

http://www.realmodscene.com/