1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning Marie antoinette with dvd shrink and anydvd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Danimal7, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Danimal7

Danimal7 Member

I read a forum that said to use anydvd to burn disney and sony dvds, it works fine with disney movies but when i put in marie antoinette which is a sony dvd dvd shrink says it cannot read E drive, does someone know whats goin on?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

This is one that won't work w/ Shrink and AnyDVD.
    Others that won't also - Saw3, The Grudge 2, Open Season, Running With Scissors, Crossover.

Rip 1st w/ DVDFab Decrypter (free) then open those files in Shrink. link

Or also free use RipIt4Me - link.

Both will handle it.
    Turn AnyDVD off before using them (they will also give you a warning to turn it off if still on & an option to turn it off).

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I agree with Binkie. My personal preference is RipIt4Me. I've done a bunch of the titles mentioned with it and there were no problems encountered during the whole process on any of them. RipIt4Me has FixVTS built into the process to process for compliance after the copy protection has been bypassed. It makes for cleaned and compliant files, which is what it takes for the transcoding and burning software to work properly. http://www.ripit4me.org

4. morronga6

morronga6 Member

weird i had no problem burning marie antoinette,Saw3, The Grudge 2, Open Season, w/ anydvd and clonedvd2(the one with the sheeps)maybe i got a newer version of anydvd???

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Maybe and maybe not. AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, together, could do movie only. To get the Full DVD with those when Saw 3 was first released (and before) some bogus titles had to be edited. If you did an unassisted Full DVD, then you had updated software. AnyDVD was lagging behind there for a while and it's still running into difficulty decrypting for some programs.

6. tslayer

tslayer Member

Yep DVDFab Decrypter and Shrink - Thanks for the info!

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Don't forget you may need to add FixVTS to that formula at times. It's been needed a few times in the past.

8. dvdruthie

dvdruthie Guest

I've only come across one movie fab couldn't read, but decrypter read it fine. My ? is when I use decrypter to rip and then need shrink to shrink, then send it back to crypt to burn (confused) 9 times out of 10, shrink cant find it. So I end up reripping with fab and basically starting over. Where does the file go with decrypter?

Actually with open season I had to try on 3 seperate occasions to rip it, finaaly fab broke it. I had no problem with grudge 2, but had problem with grudge 1.

9. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Check and see if you have decrypter in iso mode instead of file mode when ripping.
    If you rip in iso mode you'll need to open those in Shrink by going to file>open disc image.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

As binkie said, it's probably your output settings. If Shrink processes the files from DVD Decrypter or DVDFab Decrypter, that means the files were compliant and Shrink transcoded them. It was no longer a matter of "breaking" the copy protection. Somewhere on your PC you may have some lost files or images (ISO). Check the directory Shrink would output to. Shrink can write to the HD in both file and image. However, if your option is usually Create ISO and burn with DVD Decrypter, you may have accidentally created only the ISO. If Shrink has already transcoded the files, there's no reason to open them in Shrink again. DVD Decrypter burner ware only burns ISO. However, if you need to create an ISO (from files) to burn, the newer ImgBurn handles the task easily. ImgBurn is the updated burner ware from DVD Decrypter by the same author, Lightning UK.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2007