1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning MP3 on Nero - No Header Info

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dukoffm, Jun 30, 2003.

1. dukoffm

dukoffm Member

I am having a problem burning MP3's to CD using Nero. I burn them as data but when I try to play the tracks (on Winamp) it comes up with the message No MPEG Header Information. I previously burnt them onto CD as MP3s using Adaptec Easy CD creator and this works fine.

Probably something v.basic I am not doing when burning but I have searched and cannot find anybody with a similar problem.

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

I don't know where you've goth these mp3s from (don't paste an URL here if it's copyrighted ...) but obviously they're messed up somehow (Nero's not the problem). You could have a look with EncSpot at them to find out what's wrong or try VBRFix to fix them.

You could try different decoders to decode them to .wav and burn them seperately like lame, foobar2000 (diskwriter), MAD for Winamp, XMPlay (Wav Writer) ...

3. dukoffm

dukoffm Member

They are just from various CD's that I have bought. I wanted to put them all onto one CD as MP3's since I now have a CD player that will play MP3's.

Originally I ripped them with CDEx and burnt them onto CD as MP3's using Adaptec Easy CD and that worked fine. I now have more tracks and so want to make a new CD but have a new computer, with Nero.

The strange thing is they are on my computer at the moment and play fine, it is just when I burn them onto CD with Nero and try to play them from the CD that WinAmp gives the message ' No MPEG Header Found'.

Anyway thanks for the help, I'll try to have a look at them using the programmes you suggested. It just seems weird to me that it worked using Adaptec Easy CD and now half a year later it doesn't with Nero.

4. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

I see no reason why the mp3s could be messed up (or did you manipulate them somehow, e.g. tagging - if so, what programs did you use?)

Are you sure you use Nero correctly? (Burn a data CD and just drag'n'drop the mp3s...)

5. dukoffm

dukoffm Member

no literally ripped them and then burnt them.

Might be something I am doing/not doing in Nero but I do as you say just drag & drop. I'll try taking them off the CD's again converting and burning.