1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning PS2 Backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by erik1213, Apr 9, 2004.

1. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

Ok, I have a Pioneer DVR-103 DVD-RW burner. It doesn't work normally. I put in a blank DVD-R made by Imation, Fuji, Sony, or Verbatim(tried all) and only about every other disc will burn...sometimes every 2 discs will burn. I have tried burning with different programs...Nero 6 Ultra, Roxio Easy Media Creator 7, and even DVD Decryptor. Actually the only ways i have even successfully burned a DVD is by creating what i want to burn into an ISO file.

Can anyone help me?

My computer specs are:
    Laptop
    AMD Athlon 1500+
    256MB Shared Memory
    40GB Hard Drive
    Windows XP Pro

I have my burner connected to my laptop via USB 2.0. Although this is not in external burner I bought an external adapter for it and that is what I use. I don't believe that is the problem though because when i put the drive in my sisters desktop it does the same thing.
    I also have the latest firmware.

This is the error I get in DVD Decrypter:

I/O Error!

Device: [0:0:0] PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-103 1.90 (E:)

CDB: 2A 00 00 00 02 60 00 00 10 00
    Interpretation: Write (10) - Sectors: 608 - 623

Reason: The semaphore timeout period has expired.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanx

2. elven_07

elven_07 Member

I'm sorta new to this myself but, I have been burnign like this. I have used DVD Decrypter and go to MODE>ISO>Read and then copy the game to a folder and then u take the game out put in a blank and change it to MODE>ISO>Write and then it writes to ur disc and I havent had any probs so far and all the files seem to be on the DVD's. Now I haven't tested yet cause my modchip is just being installed but all the files are there and it is read properly.

3. WEStar

WEStar Active member

how old is your burner? my friend had an a03 and it started messing up after some time (a few years) he just bought himself a newer one.

4. erik1213

erik1213 Regular member

I've had it for about a year. Maybe a little longer