1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Burning TDK CDR with plextor 708A??

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by freup, Apr 30, 2007.

1. freup

freup Member

win 2000

Been had the latest upgrade, everything was going smooth till now. Its getting ridiculous, this is the 2nd time it occured.. Trying to burn TDK disk for the 3rd time occured on others (psx 1 game). progress meter is not moving and disk is just spinning? Using plextor 708A and upgraded to the latest firmware. (Even when I cancel it I cannot eject the disk and light is still on) This has been happening for several times wtf?? Burned many Tdks with no prob just dont know why this is going out of recent?). The progress bar doesnt move but the disk is still spinning) Went out for couple hours see if it would do anything guess not, aborted the process but disks still spinnng.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. freup

freup Member

I had a paperclip in the thing to stop the cd from spinning (without rebooting), and also below the rest of the log message from alcohol

"23:13:10 Image file loading aborted!
    23:34:00 ( G: ) PLEXTOR DVDR PX-708A(1:1) - [Write Lead-In area ERROR]: -11634 - -151
    S:KEY - 04/09/02 - "Focus Servo Failure"
    23:34:00 ( G: ) PLEXTOR DVDR PX-708A(1:1): Recording aborted!
    23:34:02 User aborted recording procedure!"

3. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

how long have you had the burner and how many (estimate) discs burned?
    it sounds defective perhaps you might need to upgrade to a new burner or see about the warranty.
    one way to test would be to burn say an audio disc and check for quality probs
    your burner doesn't seem too healthy
    I hope I am wrong but let us know give the lens a clean as well

4. sorrow93

sorrow93 Regular member

another note I'd be very careful with putting the paperclip in the burner release whilst the burner and PC are turned on !!
    bit risky !!
    goodluck and let us know how you go
    cheers

5. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Just to add to sorrow93's good advice -To rule out the drive try some different media and/or another burning program. Try taking the burn speed down to 8x.
    TDK uses different manufacturers may be the cause here. The manufacturer may not be compatible with the burner.