1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem burning Virtua Tennis 3 PAL

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rikesh, Jun 24, 2007.

1. rikesh

rikesh Member

Hello,

Burned the above game to play on firmware hacked Xbox360, using clonecd at 2.4x on verbatim media.

Upon loading, the disc spins very fast and appears to be reading but after about 20 seconds, msg: Disc unreadable/unrecognized.

Have tried to load up the game a few times, no luck.

Anyone advise me on where i'm going wrong? Thanks very much!

2. rikesh

rikesh Member

By the way, forgot to add that it was a downloaded version - an Allstars release which received a few comments on piratebay saying it works. And i ran the ISO through xbox backup creator, to check for patches, and it failed the PFI test only.

Please help, this is my first try at burning xbox games having spent years making flawless PS2 copies. Thanks

3. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Since you know about ps2 burning, just use DVD Decrypter or IMG burn and burn at 4x. Manually set the layer break to 1913760 in each of these programs before burning though.

4. rikesh

rikesh Member

OK i successfully downloaded and burned DEF JAM ICON so just like to say thankyou for helping me burn my first xbox 360 game!

The factors changed were:

- Used ImgBurn instead of CloneCD
    - Set layer break to 1913760, could not do this in CloneCD
    - Def Jam ISO passed stealth check on XBC, whereas Virtua Tennis failed PFI

I have already decided that I will now use ImgBurn instead of CloneCD. So what do you think is the deciding factor which would make Virtua Tennis work, or is it both?

Don't want to make another coaster since these discs are relatively expensive :p cheers

PS. am using ixtreme 1.2 FW if that makes any difference

5. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

you could go download the pfi from somewhere and manually inject the pfi.bin into the virtua tennis 3 iso.

6. rikesh

rikesh Member

where from mate? not being lazy or anything, ive searched for ages with no luck.

http://forum.xbox-sky.com/showthread.php?t=20425 on this page some users claim no additional patches are needed.

just to remind you all that my first non-working copy of virtua tennis was not burned with any layerbreak settings, so that could have been the reason as well. i just don't want to burn it until i'm sure that no PFI patch is needed.

thanks

7. rikesh

rikesh Member

solved it. turns out with the latest version of XBC (2.5 instead of 2.3) the game passed the stealth checks. burned with the correct layer break and it works!

thanks for your help ps2menace and 98sohc, much appreciated

8. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

anytime, thats what we are here for.