1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Burning with DVD shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LynJuly29, Feb 22, 2007.

1. LynJuly29

LynJuly29 Member

DVD shrink apparently does not agree w/my new PC. Even though ANYDVD indicates that the protection has been removed and DVD shrink (during analyzing) says that the disc is not encrypted. During the write process, I keep getting the message - Copy Protection Error - The read failed because the sector is encrypted. Can anyone help this novice?

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

The latest version of anydvd is: AnyDVD & AnyDVD HD 6.1.2.5 so make sure that's what you've got.

The latest version of AnyDVD with shrink is a combo that doesn't seem to be able to successfully backup some movies, if you try you'll get some error condition. The AnyDVD and clonedvd2 combo will be more successfull with the backup process, but clonedvd2 costs money (comes with a free trial if interested), if you want a free ripper that chances are will work for you, try DVDFab decrypter (free).

You can use DVDFab to rip the video files to your hard drive (without AnyDVD running in the backround, so disable it or there will be conflict between the two) then open the video files using shrink (use the open file tab) and proceed as you normally would with the backup.

Another option is to use Ripit4me (free), it's updated as well and has been very successful as of late.

The links to DVDFab decrypter (version 3.0.8.0) and ripit4me are located below.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

LynJuly29,
    If you are going to use AnyDVD along w/ Shrink then you will need to use FixVtS or VobBlanker after the rip to the HD. I would just use Ripit4Me as it really is simplier and you should use the 1 Click Method.

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I agree with Car.Mike and John here. Use Ripit4Me with the 1-Click mode. Even with using FixVTS and VobBlanker after ripping, errors have crept in with some titles. RipIt4Me does the cleanup in unison with RipIt4Me and has proven to be my best decryption program lately. I've not had a reallocation warning since I started using RipIt4Me and I've done some of the more difficult titles with it, including Saw 3 Unrated when it was first released.