1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem converting avi to dvd (convertxtodvd)

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by geranium, Feb 5, 2008.

1. geranium

geranium Member

Hey, hope someone can help me out. Apologies if this is a really stupid question but I am a noob (and I did try searching before posting). Also, since I'm not sure where the problem lies I might also be in the wrong forum...

Anyway, I've recently started converting avi files and burning them to dvd using ConvertXtoDvd. This had been working a treat but I'm having a problem with one set of avi files that has me stumped (its a set of three avi files making up about 4 hours of video in total): When I add the video files to convertXtoDvd the running time displayed is hugely inaccurate ie the running times display as 10, 11 & 14 minutes instead of the 80ish minute video files they are(when I played them in Windows media Player they are each a full 80-90 mins of video). I went ahead and converted them anyway (successfully) but then when I tried to burn to dvd I got an error message saying incorrect media, insert dual layer dvd. I then tried burning just part 1 (700MB) and the same thing happened. I checked the options and its already set for DVD5.

I'm thinking it might be some kinda problem with the file - cos I also tried playing the video with WinDvd and it also displayed the running time as 10, 11 mins etc even though the full 80 mins is there (the running time display counts only 1 second for every 8 seconds of video or do). I'm a total novice at all of this stuff - any ideas?!!

2. attar

attar Senior member