1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem converting xvid codec movie to mpeg. Weird blank space at end

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by Jonsnews, Jul 5, 2003.

1. Jonsnews

Jonsnews Guest

I have been trying to convert a movie that I have in the xvid codec so that I can burn it to Dvd-r. I am using TMPGEnc 2.5 and every time that I try to convert it either to a mpeg (with both streams combined) or m2v (with elementary streams seperated). I keep ending up with the movie converted, but with about a hour of black screen after it and no sound at all. If I do m2v I get a m2v file with a blank hour after it and a mp2 file that is basically empty noise, but still takes up the correct amount of disk space.
    I have tried using the normal and high quality settings for TMPGEnc and I have even tried letting different DVD authoring software try to convert it (Ulead DVD Movie factory and DVD-Lab) both of which I have had success letting them convert the files for me in the past.
    I am really stumped on this one. When I play the source file in media player it works fine. No blank spaces or sound problems.
    The movie is xvid codec and here is some info from Gspot
    Runtime 01:35:00 (142,498 fr)
    xy 560x352 (1.59:1) [~8:5]
    bitrate 865 kb/s
    fps 25.000
    Qf 0.176 bits/pixel
    And it says the audio codec is 0x0055(MP3) ID'd as MPEG-1 Layer 3
    bitrate 156 kb/s (78/ch, stereo) VBR LAME3.91
    Fs 44100 Hz

Any help or ideas are greatly apperciated. I would really like to be able to get this movie converted as I have been trying for about a week now and have been scouring the forums here for a answer and I haven't seen one.. thanks in advance!

2. davexnet

davexnet Active member

either the avi is damaged, or there's a bug in
    tmpgenc. A couple of suggestions, use
    virtualdub to regenerate the index and make
    a new avi, of use tmpgenc tools to snip
    off the garbage at the end.