1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem copying dvd. HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jjas2004, Sep 12, 2004.

1. jjas2004

jjas2004 Member

i have a problem copying a dvd with dvd shrink. the dvd has a protection on it. when i try to open the disc using dvd shrink a error message comes up saying 'dvd shrink encountered a error and can not continue' please help

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

What's the specific error?

3. jjas2004

jjas2004 Member

dvd shrink can not open the disc

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

That is the error message that is given?? Hmmm ... NEVER SEEN THAT ONE.

5. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I think disc burning is just not an exact science especially when you have to deal with copy protection and all that stuff. There're a lot of trial and error to do before you can be more certain what suits your system. My strategy has now been to install several different programs so that when one method fails, I can always shift to another. I now have DVD Decrpter, DVD Shrink, Nero, and DVD43 in my system and am leading a very happy life.

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I concur scf_au, I have dvdXcopy Ripper & RF, Alcohol120%, Nero6, dvdshrink, dvd decrypter, AnyDvd & DVD43. I too live a happy life!

7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear Pulsar,
    From what I read, you must be happier than I am. *_*

8. adw

adw Guest

here is how u fix the problem u take the disk out of the dvd and walk to the kitchen once in the kitchen walk to the bin and insert dvd tada no more problem thank you very much

9. scottand

scottand Member

10. Jetster

Jetster Regular member

I have never seen this error with DVD Shrink ether.
    Mine has always worked fine. Its the one program I
    can rely on.

11. wylds

wylds Guest

Just to add my two cents. I started reading up on DVD backups with this A/D forum and after monitoring for several weeks bought my first burner which was a Liteon SOHW 812S. Giving credits to flip218,Scuba,bigorange and countless others. I bought Ritek as suggested as 4X r-w to practice and 8x +r . I am proud to say that with the inmstructions I received I have now burned over a 100 copes of back ups and only one coaster and that was my fault by error.I have recently added Nero latest version due to having run across my first DV9. Life is good and simple with Shrink,Decrypter and Nero! I dont see how a man or woman could ask for more. Thanks all and I will stay around here for quite a while to help contribute and learn all I can for technology is always changing.

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hey there scottand,

How many threads did you post a link to your own dribble too ? No matter, I have time to track your wacko "theories" and shed the light of truth upon them –

DVD43 has absolutely no bearing at all of your DVD backup playing or not playing on a player or PC.

True, DVD43 does remove CSS but so does DVD Shrink as well as it gets rid of that pesky MicroVision protection which DVD43 won't even touch. Media, on the other-hand, plays quite a roll in successful burning and playing, which can be borne out by numerous threads here at AfterDawn.

While it's interesting to see you link to your own babblings, it's more interesting to see you allude to "others" who support your claim. Whooo Boy, we could have a real ball with that one. Bring them out and I'll get all the Seniors, Addicts and Mods here-abouts and we'll have a "go" at your so-called "theory." This place is virtually packed with those who will tell you that DVD43 cannot have a bearing on how a player will or won't play a disc BUT poor media can, without question, have a negative effect on how a disc may be received by a standalone player.

Back to your own thread with you, and ponder why no one has posted to it. Generally we don't acknowledge postings when make zero sense (actually less than zero). Please don't expound your thoughts (?) on DVD43 to Newbies who may not have the education to see how utterly silly it sounds.

BTW, Don't say I'm anti-DVD43. Heavens no ! It's a shame it doesn't handle as many things as AnyDVD or RegionFree DVD, but for FREE, it's pretty good for using with CloneDVD2 or DVD2One or even Nero even if it doesn't work all the time.

A major drawback is that DVD43 will only work on Win2K OR XP and not on any other OS. Even so, we have had reports of pple experiencing problems using DVD43 with Win XP, Therefore, if you're looking for a lurking proggy ? Spend the $40.00(USD) and get AnyDVD for a really excellent, behind-the-scenes proggy.

OK, Ok, I've finally run down and have cooled off – It was all a joke everyone he was just kidding about DVD43 making your disc play better on different players – don't try it, it's a waste of time

Cheers all,

Pete