1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem copying employee of the month

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by puffman, Jan 16, 2007.

1. puffman

puffman Member

tried dvd shrink and clone dvd ...no luck...any suggestions

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

johnl123 is right, Fab will do it or just about any of the up to date decryption software. That's an easy movie. Another setup you will be interested in since you're using Shrink is RipIt4Me. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

4. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

i used clonedvd 2 + anydvd and it worked fine

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

This one was so easy, it was pretty much users' choice on the software.

6. nemrod

nemrod Member

im having problems aswell i can rip it fine with all programs but its when i get to clonedvd2 when its about to write to dvd it keeps telling me media isnt blank i got that also with employee of the month and with texas chainsaw massacre the beginning i finally got TCM to burn but not the others ive tried bout 10 different blank dvds still i get the same thing

7. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

try changing the output file size to custom, 4400mb

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Let's see... Shrink forum? Decrypt with software of choice. RipIt4Me comes to mind since it uses Shrink in the setup. Transcode with DVD Shrink. Burn with a supported program or record to hard drive and use whatever works.

9. Bonggler

Bonggler Member

I used DVD Decrypter with AnyDVD Verson 6.1.0.7, Then DVD Shrink. When I used Nero it said DVD might be unplayable. The log says "Required file "VTS_11_0.VOB" is not present". I told it to burn anyway. It looks like the copy it made it working fine, was just wondering wtf all the errors were about.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Not really an error, it was a warning of a possible error because the files weren't totally compliant. As you said, it worked. I see that warning fairly often and haven't had a bad backup yet. It's mentioned often here on the forum. The studios intentionally add bogus files and alter structure to try to fool the recording software. If worried about it, process the files with FixVTS before trying to burn.

11. linus7005

linus7005 Regular member

When using ripit4me, is it supposed to take a long time to "parsing file system"? After using ripit4me, do I then usedvd decrypter, like after dvd shrink?

12. linus7005

linus7005 Regular member

can movies be decrypted first, then shrunk using dvd shrink or ripit4me/ I have done over a hundred backups, employee of the month is the first one giving me this much trouble.

13. nemrod

nemrod Member

use clonedvd and anydvd just change file size in clone so itll fit on single disc.most movies u have to break encryption before u can do anything with them atleast in my experiences

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

linus7005
    The official RI4M guide can explain things better than I can and it isn't very large. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html

Not exceptionally long that I've run into, but it may depend on how heavy the copy protection is. DVD Decrypter is a part of the RI4M setup and RI4M uses it up front to remove the copy protection. Then the files open in Shrink. The only reason to open DVD Decrypter again is if you chose it as the burning software for Shrink.

Decryption, transcoding , and burning are the 3 main phases of the backup job and in that order. Any editing would have to come after decryption and before transcoding. RI4M doesn't shrink. It decrypts and cleans up the files and opens the files in DVD Shrink (which as the name implies, shrinks). It's strange you would run into a problem with an older movie that didn't cause too much trouble. I'd check the disc and try another if possible, especially if that is the only DVD causing problems.