1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem copying ripped dvds with decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by playakane, Dec 20, 2004.

1. playakane

playakane Member

hi everyone. I am not able to copy dvds that i ripped using the following steps.
    1) use dvddecrypter to rip in ISO read mode.
    2) use DVD shrink to shrink
    3) burn with dvddecrypter

The movie plays on a stand alone but when I have tried to copy the discs with Recordnow or DVD decrypter it hangs on saving to the HD it in ISO read mode.
    I do the following.
    1) ISO read mode to save files to HD.
    But it hangs on anyhwere from 7% to 14%

However the discs that I rip in File mode with decrypter then shrink with DVD shrink and burn with decrypter copy fine when I use ISO read mode to save to hd and ISO write to burn.

PLEAASE HELP GUYS
    Thanks alot

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

This is more than likely a media issue, but you should be able to just copy the disk with any burning software. There is no need to rip back onto your hard drive again unless you only have one drive of course. You could still try something like Nero and just select copy disk.

3. playakane

playakane Member

yeah the problem is I have only one dvd drive so that sucks. now that i see it all the disc that dont work are the same media brand(memorex 8x)on my 4x burner. still strange though i think.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not starnge at all. Unfortunatley Memorex is the very worst media out there right now :-(
    I know it was a hard lesson learned, but stick with quality media and you should have no problems :)

5. playakane

playakane Member

tell me about it. I have a lite-on 4x and it burns the memorex 8x at 1x. waste of $20. thanks for the help.