1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Decrypting The OC season 1 disc 7

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jaxnchloe, Mar 25, 2005.

1. jaxnchloe

jaxnchloe Member

I have had no problems at all with decrypting and shrinking until now. I have done all the other OC discs, but disc 7 won't decrypt right. Any suggestions? I have tried downloading the newer version, but still won't work.

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey jaxncholoe,

Have you tried AnyDVD?

I am assuming that you have tried DVD Decrypter.

If that is the case, try the AnyDVD. Also, are you receiving any error messages pertaining to the OC disc.

If so, what are they?

Any more info would definately help.

;)

3. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

First off your in the wrong forum it should be under DVDR For Newbies, but a mod will fix that. Anyways the answer to your problem is that if you burned all other discs just fine then you should have no problem with disc 7 using the same method. That means that the disc is dirty/damaged or defective in a manner that it wont rip and that you should clean it and see if that works or get another copy of it. Now if it is a few hairline scrathces or if your getting errors using DVD Decryptor then you should set your settings as so:

1)Go to TOOLS and then click SETTINGS from drop menu
    2) Then selcet the I/O Tab and check the IGNORE READ ERRORS and then click ok
    3) Now insert disk and try to decrypt as normal. It will still show errors in your log but it will skip them and allow you to complete your task without messing up the quality

Good Luck and if you still have problems then post your LOG FILE in here and I will tell you more. Later

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
  4. Bigsauce

Bigsauce Member

I used DVDSHRINK just the other day to do the whole season. It's a free program and WAY better than Decrypter.

5. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

@Bigsauce

Well that is pretty cool, guess it didn't have much protection for the dvd.

Your kidding right? Um, well I am sure you know that DVD Decrypter is free as well, and don't be surprised it you run into something that SHRINK can't handle. Because it won't always do the trick.

Hopefull you are at least running AnyDVD, I mean, they are all free, so why not get them all.

Hope it all works for you!!!

;)

6. Bigsauce

Bigsauce Member

I have Decrpyter also for the 5 dvds that Shrink can't do. But overall I like Shrink the best.

7. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Oh...that's cool! I personally like using DVD Decrypter, AnyDVD, and Shrink, plus Nero.

So it's all good! :)

8. jaxnchloe

jaxnchloe Member

I have been using DVD Decryptor, and then DVD Shrink, and that had been working fine.
    I tried changing the settings to ignore read errors, but am still having the same problem. It will get through the first two 'chapters' fine, but on VTS.01.3.VOB is where it starts with a read error, and will continue to retry for hours if I let it.
    I have now downloaded Any DVD, and will try. If that is a success I will let you know.

9. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

If you did selected IGNORE READ ERRORS it wont ask you to retry it will skip it. So try that again and read errors mean the disc is scratched or dirty.

Also try these settings out because it will help you out with the actual movies with HARD ENCRYPTIONS on them. Heres the link everyone here swears by this guid.
    http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/ripping.html

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2005
  10. jaxnchloe

jaxnchloe Member

Thanks, I will try that.

I did end up using a disc doctor and got out the scratches, I was able to burn it after that, and hopefully will be okay.