1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem: DVD image on Hard Drive works, DVD-R dives "disc error"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Edelwais, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Edelwais

Edelwais Member

Hi, I need help. Thanks in advance. Here is the situation.

I started backing up DVDs last week. I use InterDVD copy. I make images on my hard drive and then burn to DVD-R (Maxell). The large DVDs are split into two discs on my hard drive, which is fine.
    The first several attempts worked great. Played successfully on my Apex DVD palyer.
    I encontered a problem however.
    The DVD-R in question says "disc error" in my APEX playler AND is unable to play on my PC. I tried another time - same result. Tried Nero in a DVD-RW because I did not want to have any more coasters, same result.
    The DVD image as recorded on my hard drive works fine on my PC.
    I gave up on this one and continued copying the DVD images I had recorded on the hard drive. The next DVD-R played on the PC, but not in the APEX player. This time it did not say "disc error", but none of the buttons can get the DVD to play.

To summarize:
    It seems the DVD images on the hard drive were created correctly, because they work.
    It does not seem to be a problem with the media, because the rest of the DVDs were backed up successfully using the same media. And aslo because my DVD-RW is a Fuji and it gave "disc error" as well when I tried the third time.

Thanks for any help or ideas you might have.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What brand of media is it you are attempting to use?

3. Edelwais

Edelwais Member

DVD-R Maxell and DVD-RW Fuji
    I understand that the opnion is that Maxell are not good. However, as I said above. The discs work well with all other copies I tried. Furthermore, the defective disc is DISC1 that is automatically generated by InterVideo DVD Copy when the original is larger than the capacity of one DVD-R. DISC2 worked without problems on the same media.

4. Edelwais

Edelwais Member

Any insights today? 10x

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What speed are you burning the disk's at? Try burning at x4 or slower to see if that helps.