1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem finding I/O port on benq

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Taylor J, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Taylor J

Taylor J Newbie

Windows 7 x64
    Benq drive

From CPU-Z

Chipset Iintel Havendale/Clarkdale host bridge
    southbridge Intel PM55

So far I have:
    - disabled UAC
    - run dseo (as administrator) to verify portio64.sys
    - enabled test mode
    - plugged benq drive into my computers esata port (using a sata to esata plug)
    - powered by xbox supply I put it into developer mode (whatever it is called)
    - run jungle flasher as administrator
    - tried putting the docom registry value to 0

And I keep getting the no I/O ports could be found error.

I have read everything I can find, there isn't much about this error on windows 7

Any and all help Is appreciated.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Xbox 360 drives are picky, a few years ago you needed a special sata card to flash, or the drive wouldn't be found. So jungleflasher definitely won't find it over an esata port. Do you have any free sata ports?

3. Taylor J

Taylor J Newbie

I only have my laptop, and I was hoping to avoid opening it up to find a sata port, if thats even doable. I guess my only option other than that is to buy the usb convertor?

4. richietea

richietea Regular member

A usb/sata converter would not work.The cheapest way would be as per Eisherz's post,however that means getting your hands on a desktop/tower with either a compatible sata chipset or a cheap expansion card.A more expensive way would be to buy a x360 usb and cki which is what i had to do for a laptop.If your only flashing one drive then that's a no no.There are plenty of flashing services around the globe.Where are you based?

5. Taylor J

Taylor J Newbie

I'm unfortunately based in Utah for the moment, A quick google search picked up a couple options for people flashing locally, I think I'll just take it to them, too bad though I was kinda looking forward to doing it myself.

Thanks for the suggestion richietea

6. richietea

richietea Regular member

Its good to get your hands dirty,its the only way to learn other than reading about such things.Just make sure whoever you decide to flash the drive gives you a copy of your dvd key just in case something goes pear shaped.

7. Taylor J

Taylor J Newbie

Yeah, but once its flashed I wont mind having not done it myself, I'll make sure to get that dvd key though.

8. tysfamily

tysfamily Newbie

Ok how do you get the SATA to connect to the dvd drive? CMOS found my drive but WIN7 doesn't. Asus P
    5E3 Deluxe Win7 64bit. The DVD is DG-16D2S. I fryed the original DVD doing a fan mode. I used a diod and soilder job to revive the DVD board but need the key to put in new drive.