1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem flashing a 0078fk

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by siriiven, Mar 5, 2007.

1. siriiven

siriiven Member

I am following the tutorial in the textbook pdf. I have a Dell XPS 410. I'm not sure what SATA chipset I have, but I have 2 that my HD and DVD Burner are plufgged into, and 4 extra ones. I am able to get the drive into ModeB and it is detected by windows. I put a normal DVD in the drive and it loads up my DVD Player to watch the movie. Everything seems to going good. I am using the toolbox 3.0 App to dump the original firmware. At this step I select the Xbox drive and click to RAW dump the firmware and my computer just sits there at that point. It doesn't dump the firmware, and basically I have to power down to get it out of that. It just freezes.

Could it be a problem with my SATA ports? Any specific things I should check for in my BIOS? I heard that raid must be turned off. I have the option in my BIOS to either turn it on, or autodetect if signed. I chose autodetect and my computer will not even boot. I get an error that there is no boot device at that point.

Also when I start SLAX 2.1 it hangs on certain ata ports. It says trying to softreset, but it fails and it tries a few more times, then moves on. Has anyone ever seen this before with SLAX?

Any ideas or help are appreciated.

2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

3. siriiven

siriiven Member

Thanks I'll try that. I'm thinking it must be something with the way my SATA ports are configured.