1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Flashing Spider Chip

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by birdie03, Feb 22, 2005.

1. birdie03

birdie03 Member

I have finally got my chip installed thanks to the guy who said to use a cork (for pressure). Now when I try to flash the chip it does nothing. I used a CDRW Memorex cd and used m8.bin with a 80mb dummy file. the cd is just spit write back out. With the message Insert Cd to Flash (?). ANny out there that can help.

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need to rename your bios file....rename it to bios

don't put your disc in until after you select flash from disc....the tray ejects automatically when you select flash from disc....so put your disc in and close the drive and it should flash.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2005
  3. birdie03

birdie03 Member

I named the file bios.bin & the dummy file zzz.zzz. Also I waited to for the cd tray to eject, and then loaded. The same thing still happened. Any other ideas.

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

are you sure your bios isn't bios.bin.bin?

5. birdie03

birdie03 Member

yea i renamed the file bios.bin, I have used memorex cd-rw. I also put my old harddrive back in. And this did not work either.

6. mdsup

mdsup Guest

do you have your xbox hooked up to the network?

you can flash over the network, much easier, but you have to have your xbox connected to the network.

7. birdie03

birdie03 Member

No they are not networked together. How is it that you exactly do that. I have a router & crossover cable. Do I go through the router, and then assign a ip to the xbox and pc. If you could clear this up i would appreciate it. Thanks