1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem formatting disk

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rlbrooks, Mar 17, 2007.

1. rlbrooks

rlbrooks Member

I have an ILO DVDR05 recorder and using DVD+R disks, as suggested. I want to do some recording but am unable to format the disks. When I insert a new disk, it says it is formatting, but then hangs at 98%, then I will get a disc error, and cannot proceed. Any suggestions would be helpful.

2. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

You don't format DVD+Rs or DVD-Rs, only RWs can be formatted. So get your self some DVD+RWs or DVD-RWs and try it again:)

3. rlbrooks

rlbrooks Member

Why then when I insert new +R disk in recorder, it gives me option to format disk? "OK" or "Cancel". If I cancel, it ejects disk. No where to get from there. Also, the docs that came with recorder says that disks will need formatted.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

5. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Nobody left any media feedback for that ILO DVDR05. A lot of unhappy campers!!

These TV recorders are usually hit or miss. You get some good ones,and some bad ones.

Most likely a firmware issue. Try finding some quality media below the 8x speed.In the USA,Sam's Club is said to have +8x verbatim.If you can't find any in the slower speed rates,try Verbatim +16x.

I've got a cheap cyberhome and I don't have to format +R media. I do have to finalize them after I'm done. It's about 3 yrs old,but has no trouble with the +16x Verbatim MCC-004 media,which is on sale this week. Look at Jasper's blank media thread in the dvd-/+R media forum for the exact site of the verbatim sale-Bestbuy/Office Max/or Office Depot?.

There should be a ton of threads in the Home Theater/Dvd Recorders forum for Stand Alone tv dvd burners/ ILO. You should be able to find some info on how to update for that drive.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/193089

Last edited: Mar 19, 2007