1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Getting DVD Shrink To Work

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Kacey95, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Kacey95

Kacey95 Guest

Ok I’m trying to copy a movie (any movie) using DVD Shrink and Nero Burning Rom 6.0.
    I’m using the Guide for http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm . So What I’m doing is under Edit Preferences Setting Target DVD Size to DVD-5 (4.7GB) Error Margin at 32 Under User Preferences all checked.
    Then click Open Disk select the drive that it is in (F) and that is a HP DVD 300i. Then let it scan the disc. Then going through and selecting the Audio only English usually only a AC3 2-ch and AC3 6-ch. Under Subpicture only the English Selection. If need be to fit the movie onto one disc I will use re-author and only select the largest title and then cut out the beginning and ending credits. After this I select the lowest compression that will allow the movie to fit onto one disc. Then select Backup Target Folder would be D:\VIDEO_TS leave at Region Free and Undefined Provider ID
    Now to burn using Nero Burin Rom 6.0. Ok First to make sure that the correct writer is selected under Choose Recorder. Then select new file and select the fifth icon on the left named DVD-ROM(UDF/ISO) w/ No Multisession. No this of course is all under the Multisession Tab. Moving onto the ISO Tab I set File/Directorynames Length to ISO Level 2 (Max. of 31 chars) and Character Set to ISO 9660 and deselect Joliet. Under Relax ISO Restrictions I select Allow pathdepth of more than 8 directories and Allow more than 255 characters in path and leave do not add the ‘;1’ ISO file version extension deselected. Under the UDF Tab I set to Physical partition and File system version to UDF 1.02. It also has a selection that I have always left unselected that says Force DVD-Video compatibility mode (required for Xbox TM). Now I skip over Label, Dates, and Misc Tabs and move onto the Burn Tab now here under Action write is selected and Finalize DVD (No futher writing possible) the latter is grayed out. Write speed is 2x (that is the speed of the disc). Write method is Disc-At-Once then click new. From here I select the VIDEO_TS file where DVD Shrink compressed the Movie and click burn. The disc that I have been using is a HP DVD+RW b/c I have been having problems getting it to work I don’t want to us my +R’s till I can get this fixed. O and the burner is a DVD+R burner. Now this has not been working on my standalone player, PS2 or my Computer. No on my computer using Power DVD I get an error message that says Unknown file format with a Error Code of 89030000. Sorry for being so long winded but I just wanted the person who was reading this to have as much info and to be sure that they understood everything that I was doing or not doing. And thank you very much in advance.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

try using the wizard in nero and make a dvd video. drag all the files into the video_ts folder and burn. Works every time in my PS2.

3. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Hi all. :)

Kacey95, appart from selecting "ISO Level 2" (which I personally wouldn't select) you seem to be doing everything right.
    I'm not sure the PS2 can play DVD+RWs.
    When you say you select the "VIDEO_TS file where DVD Shrink compressed the Movie and click burn.", you mean you drag the "VIDEO_TS" folder to the compilation window, right?

I have a couple of guides you might want to check.
    One is for the UDF/ISO mode, the other for DVD-Video.
    Give these slighty different methods a try and see if they work. ;)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2003
  4. Kacey95

Kacey95 Guest

Hey Sly 61019 and ddlooping thanks for your advice. Sly I'll try using just the DVD-Video selection rather that the DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO).
    And Ddollping yes I mean that I drag my VIDEO_TS folder w/ all the files that DVD Shrink as compressed in to the compilation window. And wich ISO Level would you recommed using? And what exactly is an ISO Level. I don't really know I was just following the direction of the guide that I was using.
    Thanks again guys.

5. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2003