1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem getting friends computer to burn dvd using scuba pete's guide

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by smitty25, May 1, 2005.

1. smitty25

smitty25 Member

Hi,
    I used scuba pete's guide to burn dvds on my computer and it works great, my friend bought the same computer as me but a step up Dell dimension 4200 I think, or something close to that and I set up his exactly the same as mine but after shrink analyized it and decrypter opens up a messege comes up and says Device not ready (medium not present) his burner is a philips dvd +- rw dvd8631 (E:)
    He is able to burn music fine, I almost thing his burner might be messed up. When I put in a movie I already coppied in his computer and try to make another copy without using shrink or decrypter the same messege comes up. Does anybody know what this might mean.
    thankx smitty25

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

3. Batman400

Batman400 Member

Hello
    Iam dont want to be a smart ass but do you have NERO installed on this machine and, I dont want to be a smart ass but when you startup DVD Shrink and go through all the steps there is a place that asks you what burning program are you using with DVD Shrink, Iam only asking this because after burning many movies using these programs I reformatted my hard drive reinstalled everything and then worked for 3 days tring to burn and nothing finally I remebered I did not reinstall Nero and that was it for this KNOW IT AL LMAO

Batman400

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

He is using DVD Decrypter to burn with and as that is the program that is giving him the error message, then he must have it installed.

5. Batman400

Batman400 Member

Last edited: May 1, 2005