1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem hooking up my RCA DRC8030N to my TV

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by novaker1, Jun 4, 2007.

1. novaker1

novaker1 Member

I pretty novice when it comes to thsi stuff so please bear with me.
    I recently bought a stand alone DVR/DVD Recorder (RCA DRC8030N) one-bay and I am having a problem hooking it up to my Comcast digital cable. Ny hope was to be able to pause and record live TV, but at thsi point I would settle for being able to use it as a VCR. The type of TV I have is a Zenith C32V23. I have read the instructions for the DVR and it say to hook the cable through the DVR and then using RCA (A/V) cords conect it to one of my TV's inputs (currently in front video). I tried that but I kee getting a message saying weak signal/no signal. My TV has 5 differnt inputs- HD (1080i) in, DVD in, Video in 1, Video in 2, and Front video in. It counts the "antena" (or cable coax) as a source. When I have the cable line running through the DVR and have the TV set to "Antena" I am able to watch TV and I control the channel through the cable box. However I am unable to see the DVR menu or control anything through the DVR (or at least it doen't appear on screen). The only time I can see the DVR menu is if I switch my TV's input to Front Video, but then I am no longer getting a video signal. So it appears that the problem is that the cable signal (from the coax) and the A/V signal aren't setup on the same "input". If there is anyone out there that could help it would be greatly appreciated, because I'm hoping I I didn't just waste 90 bucks.

Thanks is advance

2. CrazCanuk

CrazCanuk Member

Hi novaker1, I provided these instructions to another user on this forum, this might help you with your set-up, slight update to it, you'll need a total of 5 links of coax cable. Before you do, change your DVR set-up to show "cable" instead of antenna, then follow or use parts of these instructions. You'll have all the options available to you with this set-up. Come back if you have other questions and let us know about your progress/success. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/508477

Hope this helps,

Good luck

CC

3. novaker1

novaker1 Member

Thanks i'll give that a try