1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem in other DVD players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mocpac, Dec 10, 2004.

1. mocpac

mocpac Member

Hi to all, I'm new here. I read most of the post so all of you help me a lot. But I still have a confusion or problem.

I use TDK dvd+r media and some times Memorex dvd+r. Both are CMC... (sorry I read late the recomendations) and burn at 2x, 2.4x, 4x and noe at 8x. Well in any case I can play all my backups perfect at home, but if a go to some friend house to watch a movie some times the movies stop. I have a daewoo dvd vhs combo player and I never get any problem. The memorex give me more problems in others dvd players but the TDK works most of the times ok (in others dvd players).

I have a nother friend how also use TDK media he never got problems in other DVD players. He told me that he use one time memorex and he get lot of problems. He use clone dvd or dvd copy x and nero and always burn at 4x.

-I have optorite dvd rw dd1205 12x dual layer.-

I use dvd shrik 3.2 to rip and shrik and decriper to burn, but yesterday I change to clone dvd or nero to burn becasue I think Im getting better quality ón the final product. The burner software have something to do with problems with backups? Or the speed?

I will try right now with a memorex 8x, burn at 2x at my broher in law ps2 (because I read here, some one who get it works that way).

*I make the backups for me so I no have to take out my movies (original dvd's)to any where. So I can't burn one in each brand of media!!! I order some RIDATA from amazon. Hope this one not give me any problem.

Any help????

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello mocpac, Since you are burning in + format, try verbatim preferably made in japan. The higher quality media works better in stand alone players. Works for me.Burning in - format, I like the maxell's. Different stand alones like different media. The verbs are more compatable on all the players I use them on. I like to pass my backups around and leave the original safely put away.I tried reducing burn speed but didn't help.Memorex in not recommended in these forums.cmc sucks!Tdk's are not too bad, but give a better media a shot. Not much to lose. Good luck

3. mocpac

mocpac Member

Thanks, I will try the RIDATA dvd+r 8x many people here recomend those.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Actually, get the Ritek Ridata 4x +R, they are cheaper than the 8x, you shouldn't burn over 4x anyway,(way less chance for burn errors, I NEVER burn over 4x and I burn games at 1x).

One other thing, make sure they are "branded", so you know what you are getting for sure! Here's a cheap place to but them w/free shipping, and they have an excellent return policy:

http://www.meritline.com/ritek-dvd-blank-media.html

5. mocpac

mocpac Member

Final thougt.. all the proble are the media?

I already order the Ridata from amazon so for the next time I will buy the 4x... Thanks for all.