1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem loading saved game: Metal Gear 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Malak995, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Malak995

Malak995 Member

I recently backed up my copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 - Snake Eater. I have a PS2 V7 and am using Swap Magic Ver 2.0 with a fliptop. The game is NTSC version.
    I've never run into a problem like this before but maybe somebody out there has and I would appreciate any help. What's happening is that the game boots perfect and has played great using the single swap method. However, now that I've made it up to the Torture Room level, my game will no longer load off the memory card.
    Everything looks O.K. and it even says LOAD SUCCESSFUL but then it acts as if it may be doing a double check of the disc. Then the screen comes up that says PLEASE INSERT A VALID PLAYSTATION 2 DISC. The strange thing is that the game played fine up to this point. Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks...........

2. Robojack

Robojack Member

I'm getting a similar problem. I'm able to get into the mini-game that takes place when you load from the Torture Room, but as soon as the mini-game ends, it definitely does a modchip check. I'm using a Magic 3.1, is there any technique I can use to by-pass this check? Thanks!

3. Robojack

Robojack Member

Bump. If anyone could please help, this would be great.

4. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

same problem here, it freezes after the vampire minigame, I have a modchip, no solution so im just gonna replay the game but on extreme difficulty this time