1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem making Dual Layer Disk

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by killdar, Aug 26, 2004.

1. killdar

killdar Member

So far Ive made 6 single layer dvds using dvd shrink and nero, all of them successful,one with working menues.
    The only trouble Ive had is when I tried to make a full copy of a dual layer disk using a dual layer disk
    It burned the files onto it but the dvd but Ive had problems with the menues
    Its a star trek disk with 4 episodes that I own
    When I put it in my xbox the paramount screen comes up but then the intro does not play and the menue does not come up automatically. When you hit menu the menu comes up but selecting the episodes to play does nothing
    On my pc, it is unable to display the intro or menu but you can select the episodes individually to play using wmp
    Any idea what is wrong?

2. pirret

pirret Guest

This might be stupid question but are you using a dual layer burner if not, no wonder it does'nt work

3. killdar

killdar Member

No its an external dual layer burner from Mad Dog Multimedia

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Is the software you are using compatible with DL burners? I only ask because I use nero & Alcohol120% & I know Alcohol isn't compatible (this will be resolved in the next update according to Alcohol) DVD shrink is not compatible I think by the very nature of the product. I have a 108 & am waitng for the right software to come along. I have just installed sevice pack 2, when I tried to use nero, windows flagged up a compatibility issue warning. I don't use the latst nero.... yet...!

5. killdar

killdar Member

I used dvd shrink in conjunction with nero
    I selected no compression on dvd shrink and it burned it to both layers
    said starting layer one and then starting layer 2 when burning.

6. killdar

killdar Member

When I open the burned dvd in dvd shrink it says invalid navigation structure.

7. viper64

viper64 Guest

If your burner is dl and software is dl you do not have to use shrink

8. SparkeyNi

SparkeyNi Member

Did you change the settings in shrink (edit - preferences) from dvd5 to dvd9 if you didn’t it may be that shrink is compressing the files to fit on a dvd5 even though you’re burning them to dvd9

9. killdar

killdar Member

I have nero 6 express, should i just use dvd decoder and nero and not dvd shrink?
    If so can someone provide a link for this?