1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem making movie on nero vision express

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mvolta84, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mvolta84

mvolta84 Member

Well i made a DVD with nero vision express of some .mpg clips i had, it works ok but since i am not able to skip in between chapters, i put in 11 individual clips and made a regular clip selection menu.

When i play one of the clips i can't skip to the other i need to go back to the menu and choose the next.

Also I'm having a problem i set some background music and i put in a clip preview of like 10 seconds but it seems like when the clips preview hit's ten seconds the clips reload but the music also does this.

Do i need to extend the clip preview time to the amount of the music?

2. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

I've done several "compilations" with NVE, and they all play right through. What kind of VOB file structure did you end up with? Maybe you did it differently than I do.

3. mvolta84

mvolta84 Member

well i really don't know what that is, it will skip chapters in my portable DVD but not on stand alonde DVD players or playstation.
    Do i need to set anything before hand?

4. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Well, there's a new wrinkle that changes things: now you add the detail that it will play through (what I think you mean by "skip chapters" based on your first post) on your playstation and dvd players, just not your portable portable dvd player. No mention of this in your first message. And it is a detail that makes my original question pretty much pointless.

[bold]Forum Rule No. 7: Describe your problem specifically...[/bold]

If your NVE compilation works correctly in your playstation, and on normal dvd players, but not on a portable dvd player, then about the only way the problem could be NVE's is if the portable dvd player is somehow picky about the way the menu is structured. I don't know enough about that to be of much help.

I do know that I wouldn't put 11 entries into a dvd, because that makes for a multi page menu with NVE. That is, unless I'm missing it, NVE doesn't have the ability to make multipage menus where you can select individual pages in the menu from the top one; you have to page through all of them. So I always limit my menus to four entries or chapters. But I'm new at this too, and maybe there's a better way to do it.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

5. mvolta84

mvolta84 Member

well i guess you're mxed up, i mean it plays on all of them and when a clip ends goes to the other fine, but on my playstation or any stand-alone player when i press the skip button it can't skip, even a little logo like no smoking comes up or this can't be performed.

So io have to go back to the main menu and choose another clip because i can't skip while playing.

Is this clear now?