1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playbacking DVD burned with DVD shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by arnon99, Nov 13, 2004.

1. arnon99

arnon99 Member

Hi all,
    i have burned som DVD to DVD-r using DVDshrink, and its strange cause when i playedback it on my ITT DVD-player, it sort of jumps sometimes. i thought myabe the media or burning went bad' but when i tried playing it on a some different DVDplayers at freinds, some of them jumps and some didint!!!
    whats going on here?????????
    need help!!!!

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

That usually is a media issue, Ritek or Verbatim seem to work the best. Try slowing your burn speed down. That sometimes helps.

Some DVD players are more forgiving than others. My cheap Emerson plays everything I put in it while my more expensive Pioneer balks at the same discs. I found that keeping my burn speed down to 4x helped.
    Cheers,
    Frank

3. arnon99

arnon99 Member

Hi again,
    well i have burned it with speed x4, so i dont think i wont to go x2 u know 2 slow.
    why would the media be so problematic? i mean the format is DVD so wither players can play it or they cant. its not making sense that some can and some cant.........

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi again,
    DVD players are not really designed around "burned" DVDs so sometimes they might have a problem with the disc. This is usually not the case though.

The best way to insure your discs will play is to make sure, first, that the DVD is DVD-Video compliant. This usually is not a problem if you are not modifying the file structure and all the required bits are there. Using standard programs like DVD Shrink Nero, DVD Decrypter and a host of others will usually produce a compliant DVD copy.

The second issue is the media you are using. Over time most folks have come to the conclusion that it does make a difference! Almost every disc that is burned will have errors on it. A tool like Infopro will show these. Error correction algorithms in the DVD player will overcome these to a point. After that glitches, freezes, pixilations and even failure of the disc to play can occur. Each DVD player has it's own hardware and software, some are just more sensitive when it comes to reading a burned disc. Do everything you can to alleviate errors on your copies. Start by switching to a different media, Ritek G-04 is excellent.

Your DVD burner should be OK. Make sure you have the latest firmware. You can usually get firmware updates from the manufacturer or use something from flashman.

I've got a link to his site from my site (url in my signature) you may try that. Just go to my links page.