1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem playing and streaming 1080p video

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by chbunch, Sep 7, 2010.

1. chbunch

chbunch Regular member

In the past I have had no problems streaming media to my ps3 with ps media server (wireless) with my pc. But this is the first time I have actually created a full quality 1080p mkv file.

It does not play through the media server well at all. It will run a bit and freeze, run and freeze. Im working on getting a wired connection I know that this will help. But It also does not play correctly on my pc using vlc media player. It pix-elates and is jerky.

I was wondering if my pc is simply not up to playing 1080p video, or is this something I can fix with software? Here is what Im running.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 42000+ 1.77 GHz

3.00 GB PC3200 DDR SDRAM memory

nvidia Geforce 7600 GS
    Pci Express Graphics Card 512 MB

2. katpeeler

katpeeler Member

When my laptop AND PS3 were both wireless I was having issues with higher quality video thru PS3 Media Server and Im running very old outdated laptop. But when I hardwired the PS3 the hicuping stopped

3. chbunch

chbunch Regular member

Thanks for your input

Yea, I did have it hardwired, but I moved and cannot do it easily. I believe I will try to run a wire though. Im sure this will cure the problem. It just made me wonder when vlc would not play it. Surprisingly though, windows media player plays it much better than vlc, but its still not flawless.