1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playing backed up game on messiah chipped ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by aereal, Nov 11, 2004.

1. aereal

aereal Member

hi, i have a problem i desperatly would like to see fixed. i have a messiah chipped ps2. i downloaded some games from the internet (games i already had of course) and copied them on a DVD+R but they wont play on my ps2. i am using nero6 with no special settings. the game file downloaded contains all the info from a normal game (it looks like as if i put the original game in my pc, with all the files, etc). i tryed looking up my problem on the forums but with no real succes. if anyone could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.
    thanx

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

It could be that you are using bad media, burned at too high of speed, or have an early version of ps2. Only PS2 versions 4 or higher will read dvd+r.

If you already own the game, wouldn't it be easier and less time consuming just to Mode-->ISO-->Read, Mode-->ISO-->Write using DVD Decrypter?

3. aereal

aereal Member

well i am using a 4x speed philips dvd+r and my playstation is quite recent so i think it should work (it plays fake games i've tryed it before). and i dont think i have bad media cause i got it from a reliable source so i dont think that is it either. but usually do u need to do any special things, maybe some special settings with nero or whatever.
    thanx

4. aereal

aereal Member

i ve tryed the dvd decrypter, but no deuce. so if anyone knows anything or can lead me in the right direction it would be great, thanx.