1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem playing backup dvd+r's with swapmagic

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DenBeiren, Dec 28, 2003.

1. DenBeiren

DenBeiren Member

Hi,

I have three (pal) ps2 consoles, so buying the same game three times is out of the question for me.Therefor i bought slidecards and swapdisks (2.0 dvd and 3.0 cd)
    I tried to backup four of my games (Yu Gi Oh, zone of the enders, lord of the rings return of the king and fifa 2004) on datawrite dvd+r 2.4 speed.
    I used alcohol 120% and followed the burn instructions as advised here on the forum.
    My problem is that only one game (yu gi oh) works and the three others don't.I will try to explain in detail what happens.
    I boot the ps2, insert the swapdisk and reset.
    after the "insert disk" message, i slide and swap disks.
    After i swap disks and close the locking pin, i press X at this time, i get a thin blue "frame" around the screen, and the screen goes black.Then i hear "rattling" noises as is the console is trying to read the backupdisk, but doesn't succeed. I have tried to let him stand like this for a couple of minutes, but nothing changes,.. the rattling continues.
    I get this problem with console standing up and lying down.
    The yu gi oh game plays perfectly, and also backup dvdr+ movies play correctly.
    Does anyone have an idea on what i am doing wrong?

2. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

Hey, your problem is very common, just try to use any dvd-r's when backing up ps2 games. Only the newest ps2's and some version 4 ps2's are able to read the dvd+r's...Maxell work great from future shop or best buy...Verbatim are the best...
    hope it helps...

3. DenBeiren

DenBeiren Member

The funny thing is that the console plays one dvdr+ game and all dvdr+ movie dvd's
    I forgot to mention that i have a V7 ps2,.. i tried the bootloader disk as was also mentioned in this forum,.. but it flashes from pink to green or yellow and still hangs,....

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

You need to get the cdloader7_beta5.1 off of here http://www.swapmagicfix.com .This should fix the problem with some of the games you are having problems with.

5. DenBeiren

DenBeiren Member

that's the one i am using right now,.. and that's the one that flashes pink and then green or yellow
    Is there a list with colorcodes for the swapdisks?

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I use the fliptop but I see you are using the slide card method I am also thinking you might have burned them bad.The program you used could be better such as Nero,RecordNow,or Dvddecrypter I think Alcohol is a good program but should only be used on cd games.Another thing could be the cdloader switch to PAL at the start of it maybe that could be your problem.You said you had 3 PAL systems right I bet it is the actual cdloader picking them up in NTSC.When you start it up I think you have to hit the Square button and it will switch to PAL mode.This will enable you to play the game you want.Another thing I wanted to know are you using the PAL Swap Magic discs.

7. DenBeiren

DenBeiren Member

The swap disks are defenately european version,.. and with the booltoader,.. should it read pal or ntsc on top? I was in the understanding that i had to push the button to go to ntsc mode,..

As far as not burning correctly,.. I have one game that works,.. even without the cdloader.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2003
  8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Yeah you do have one game that works but you said you burned at 2.4 speed mostly games should be burned at 1 speed the program Nero,Dvddecrypter,RecordNow can burn it slow enough to where you will get better playback as for the cdloader though you have the Pal cdloader and are trying to switch it to NTSC mode are the games you are trying to back up are they NTSC or PAL.If they are in PAL make sure PAL is used on the cdloader this might help.

9. DenBeiren

DenBeiren Member

they are all pal. Should it state ntsc or pal in the top left screen of the bootloader?

10. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

It should say NTSC at the top left and the screen should be grey try that out.