1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem playing copied DVDs after using shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by oudick61, Mar 11, 2007.

1. oudick61

oudick61 Member

Hey all, I've used DVD Shrink and Decryptor to burn about 5 DVDS that completed no problem there. But when i go to use them in my DVD player downstairs it stays on loading for about 5 minutes before saying no disc half the time. I have had them load up occasionally but it is hit or miss. Do i need a different dvd player? what model have you had luck with??

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

What type of blank discs are you using? +R -R? If your burner can booktype, then booktype the +Rs tp DVD-ROMs or use the -R variety since they play more universally with DVD players than +Rs.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Make sure your burner can play it's own backups. Verify that it will by playing them on the pc,using the drive that burned them. Test them out in other stand alone players as well- friends/family players.

That's usually a compatability issue.

What's the brand name and model# of your dvd-rw drive?

What's the brand name,format,and speed rate of your blank media?

How fast did you burn them?

Stand alone player compatability: Dvd backups are a little trickier for some stand alone players.Your player is giving you a no disc error-so it doesn't recognize your backup. Any of the following can give that error on stand alone players:

1)Format of media-switch to the opposite: Plus (+)or Dash (-).Stand alone players will tell you which format to use,otherwise a no disc error.
    2) Certain MID coded media-stick with quality verbatim or taiyo yuden.
    3) Burn Speed: Burn half the rated speed with quality media. Burn slower with Low Quality media.
    4) Burner: Maybe it needs a firmware update to help properly burn your media. Some drives put out lower compatable backups than others.Some will prefer a certain format of blank media.
    5) Burn engines: Try another.

Your situation,booktyping the plus format to dvd-rom would be the easiest fix.It fools stand alone players into thinking they are playing actual dvd-rom format like the original dvds are.

Let us know the answers to those questions I asked and maybe your drive can booktype.