1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem playing discs at work

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by catagory5, Mar 10, 2007.

1. catagory5

catagory5 Member

I am trying to play an avi video disc at work and it keeps giving me an error in windows media player. I dont think the proper decompression codecs are loaded or someting. I cant install vlc or anything like that because they have it to where only Administrators can put anything on the computer. Is there any software out there that will allow me to play these discs without installing anything on the computer? Kinda like "streaming" software for playback?

Probably a stupid question...

Thanks

2. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

did you try media player classic?

3. catagory5

catagory5 Member

Yeah it wont load. Anything I try and load up wont go thru. That is why I asked if there was som "streaming" way to do it or some off the wall software I have never heard of......

4. crosswire

crosswire Guest

5. catagory5

catagory5 Member

Yeah I know vlc is great, my problem is I am at work and it WILL NOT let me download anything to the computer. You have to have ADministration privilages to load anything up. Thats my delimea......
    Is there any program that allows you to play a avi without having to download anything????

6. crosswire

crosswire Guest

I recently tried the Orb http://www.orb.com/ to stream video from my home PC to a work laptop worked fine. You would need internet access of course