1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playing dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by artsi2, Jun 3, 2002.

1. artsi2

artsi2 Guest

Can anyone please help meeeeeee?I burn my dvd+rw but it plays only in my Philips DVDRW drive. When I try to play it with my normal DVD drive it does not play.Further more although I don't have a stand alone dvd player I have a PS2, but it doesn't recognise it as well. I followed the procedure from doom9.net but I can't get it to play even in my pc/dvd drive, as I said only in the dvdrw drive. Please help me someone.

Thank you

Oh! where can I get prassi primo?

2. artsi2

artsi2 Guest

please someone help me. I don't know what to do

3. artesian

artesian Guest

having exact same problems as you, i have actually made simple homemade dvd's using MyDVD and a DVD+RW, they work fine on any set top player. i have a philips burner, and i have tried every option i have been able to find for using nero, nothing seems to work. let me know if you find prassi primo...

4. artsi2

artsi2 Guest

Sorry for asking it is stupid I know but how do you use myDVD?

5. Cardfan

Cardfan Member

Hey guys I've got a copy of PrimoDVD it's only about 3meg. if your e-mail account can hold it I can forward it to you. I'm also having the same problem, Primodvd didn't help, but if you have a way for me to get it to you, you can have it.

6. artsi2

artsi2 Guest

I was just reading through the forum and many guys said that it does the job. I don't know what to do. I have tried everything. Anyway if you could send it to me I would be gratefull.
    e-mail:arion2@btopenworld.com

Thank you

7. artsi2

artsi2 Guest

Guys if anyone out there can help me please do so. Why can't I see my dvd-r's in a stand alone dvd?pleaseeeeeee!!!!!!!

8. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Dunnoh about DVD+RWs, but for DVD-RWs you need to finalize the discs in order to get them working.

9. artsi2

artsi2 Guest

Thanks, it worked but it is still not readable in PS2. Does anyone knows why?

10. artesian

artesian Guest

i used mydvd just to make a dvd with home movies and whatnot on it, not to make a real dvd. personally i think the problem artsi2 and i are having is coming from using nero. but i really don't know what i am talking about...does anyone else have the movies they made with nero only work on the computer dvd-rom drive?

11. artsi2

artsi2 Guest

Well, my problem continous!I used RecordNow Max, but still the DVD+RW does not play in my PC/DVD drive. Please any suggestion????

12. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

artsi2: What does your DVD+RW contain when you view it with Explorer?

13. artsi2

artsi2 Guest

My PC/DVD drive doesn't recognise it at all. When I play it with my DVD-R drive everything is OK.It automatically plays with PowerDVD.When I burn the DVD+RW I put both VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS.Do you thing maybe is the DVD disc????

14. lenny2002

lenny2002 Member

I am using MyDVD. I found that DVD-RW's don't play in most machines (of course my DVD drive will see them fine), but the DVD-R (using the basic 'make DVD' wizard) plays in all stand alone DVD players I have found.
    Some peoples PC and all PS2's have so far not been able to play them.
    I guess that because the standard has not yet been consolidated, there are a wide range of products/players which will not play some formats. I am trying to find a way to make a DVD-R movie which will play on PS2 and will post again if I do.