1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem playing high def video file through MPC and BS Player

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by schweet, Feb 10, 2007.

1. schweet

schweet Guest

Hi

I can't seem to get media player classic or BS player to run.

With MPC I open it, then select file from the drop down menu and it freezes everytime. I've downloaded it from numerous sources to discount it being a bad download.

BS Player gives me the message that goes something like" Cannot find file h:filename.avi, make sure you're typing the corre3ct filename, you can search for the file by clicking start then search etc etc.'

I'm wondering if my computer simply isn't powerful enough to run these players. I have a Pentium 4, 512ram, 64mb geoforce video card and soundblaster live.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you might try running the file through g-spot and see what that tell you, like what kind of file it is, also do you have all the right codecs installed on your system?

3. schweet

schweet Guest

OK I'll run it through Gspot and see what comes up.

As for the codecs, I haven't installed any so I'd say no.

4. schweet

schweet Guest

OK I installed a codec pack called CCCP and have got the video to actually play through BS player now, but it's not playing quite right - I don't know if you'd call it jittery or stuttering but that's how I'd best describe it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the tip about the codecs to.

5. schweet

schweet Guest

I also tried checking it with GSpot but it doesn't recognise mkv files.

6. Rikoshay

Rikoshay Regular member

I'm pretty sure it's just your specs not being up to par with playing HD content. I have the same problems where it eats up all my CPU to render it.

The only solution is to upgrade your computer to something that can support the files you try to play. Mainly you would need a monitor that can support the resolution of the video, a Video card that supports the monitor and the video itself, a stronger processor, and possibly more RAM for upgradings sake.

Upgrading to something that can support HD content right now wouldn't cost more than like $500US depending on where you go. I'm thinking of creating a completely new PC from scratch, but just using my current hard drives, and sell what's left to my sister for like $150 or so. Buying everything I have for my computer now shouldn't cost more than $800 right now for better parts, but it cost $1300+ at the time.

Just look around for what it more convenient; getting a CPU/Mobo combo isn't that hard to find or expensive to get, and video cards are very cheap now that play HD content. You'll have to shop around for a decent monitor, but I would suggest getting an LCD flatpanel over CRT.