1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem playing ISO games using 3.80 M33-4

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by farmergrp, Jan 20, 2008.

1. farmergrp

farmergrp Member

I had 3.52 M33-4 on my PSP and had no problem playing cso/iso games. Just upgraded from 3.52 M33-4 to 3.80 M33-4 and now I can't play ISO games anymore. I still can play CSO games though. Please help. Many thanks.

2. sn0wman1

sn0wman1 Regular member

Try changing your driver to the m33 driver, heard alot of problems with sony NP9660 driver not working with iso's..

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There have been reports of problems with Sony NP9660 but it seems the issue is not formating the Memory Stick after installing the 3.80 M33 update. Formating it seems to correct most issues including the Sony NP9660 issue as since it is the format of the Memory Stick that is causing the issue.

@farmergrp

Backup your Memory Stick to PC. Now format the memory Stick via System Settings. Now drag backup files back over to memory Stick.

Go HERE and follow this guide to make sure you have all settings properly set.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  4. farmergrp

farmergrp Member

larrylje and all, First I'd like thank you for your help. Now I remember what I did wrong. After upgrading to 3.80 M33-4, I reformatted the MS without backing up the files created when upgrading. Somehow, I still could play some games, not just CSO but also ISO. There are several games that I could not play still. Is there a way to re-upgrade my PSP to 3.80 M33 so that I can re-create the upgrading files or get backup files from someoneelse? Again, thanks a million.

5. rickem

rickem Regular member

When you format your ms after 3.80M33 you don't lose the firmware it just deletes the unnecessary files and creates the needed folders. Its fine just put your iso's back in the iso folder and set your driver to sonyNP9660
    From XMB press select-scroll to umd iso mode-toggle>to sonyNP9660

Sorry go HEREand download the M33-5 update and extract and place in PSP/Game folder Run update from game
    Enjoy!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  6. farmergrp

farmergrp Member

Rickem, thank you so much for responding to my request for rescue. I did change umd iso mode to sonyNP9660 no umd and upgraded to 3.80 M33-5 and still can't play the games that I had problem with (Constantine, Matrix Reloaded, Terminator, Final VII). Could you help again, please? Thanks a million.

7. farmergrp

farmergrp Member

I'd like to apologize to everyone who tried to help me on this matter. I just found out that those games that I could not read are videos. Thank you so much for your help.