1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playing ntsc copied games on pal ps2 v9

Discussion in 'PS2' started by gametiger, Jun 16, 2004.

1. gametiger

gametiger Member

recently i bought some copied ntsc ps2 games for uk ps2(pal)
    what do i need to play these games without affecting the warranty or opeining console?

is there a bootdisk for this

2. account

account Guest

well there are the swap magic discs and the slide card but in order to get them to work with the slide card you have to break off the end of your disc drive and shove a card (if you bought it) into the hole and pull out the drive so you can place the disc in then push it back in or shove something into it (if you didnt buy the card) move it around and hope you didnt gut your ps2.

it would be alot easier to just get a chip put in cause if you do its done and you dont have to worry about it again. you can also get a warranty on your install depending where you get it installed you can simply replace the 3 month warranty.

and remove the text about you buying burnt games since thats against forum rules and you can get banned for it.

3. convolute

convolute Regular member

The swap magic discs with the slide card work well, if you know what you are doing. From my experience, once you do it right once, you won't have a problem.

You unscrew and remove the front tray cover, which exposes the tray and enables you to put the slide card underneath the tray itself. You slide the card to manually open up the tray and swap whichever game. Then you close it back up by doing the reverse, press X and it loads the game.

True it is possible to damage your system if done incorrectly, but once you've done it right once, you won't have a problem again.

It is cheaper than to have the chip installed, but has less functions as well. This method will not affect the sticker on the back however, while the mod chip it does.

4. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

I do believe too, that after you decide on which method to boot your games (modchip or swap method), you'll need to make a new image of your cds/dvd's, and patch them, in your case from ntsc-pal, not for your ps2, but rather for your television, if it doesn't support ntsc. there are about 12340912 links to such patchers on this forum, please do a search for it, or google for adr_patcher v0.5

5. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

oh yeah....one more question

who buys copied games for their unmodded ps2, especially games from another region?

sign me curious :)

6. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

A pal to ntsc patcher can be located at this site http://geocities.com/jayteemaster2003/ . Just my 2 cents if you decide to go with a swap method skip on the damn slide-card(it will destroy your cd/dvd drive and is a pain to use) and just get the fliptop cover.