1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem playing sid meier's priates on psp

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by bxia, Jul 8, 2007.

1. bxia

bxia Member

hello, this is my first time so pls take it easy on me, i recently downloaded a cso for sid meier's pirates but every time i load it up using devhook .4x it just goes into a black screen, but it seems to be running though cus i can still quick out of it with home button but there's no graphics or sound or anything. so can some1 pls help me fix this problem

2. nhar068

nhar068 Member

if your PSP is version 1.50 then upgrade using the winstaller to 3.40OE-A then format your memory card and then put the CSO in the ISO folder in your memory card. Custom firmware is the way to go for current games.

3. bxia

bxia Member

well... mine's ver. 2.71se but i'll try it anyways, thx

4. bxia

bxia Member

oh btw, i have to downgrade to 1.5 to upgrade to 3.30OE-a right?

5. pspmexicn

pspmexicn Member

yes and upgrade to 3.40OE-A
    i still have to find the greatest game in the world(Lumines)to downgrade ma 3.40->3.50psp

6. kormacon

kormacon Guest

I have the same problem. the psp will see the game in the main menu but when i press for it to start it says "the game could not be started (80010002)". I have 3.40OE-A in my psp.

bxia, did you solve your problem?

7. Rayearth

Rayearth Member

lol in UK lumines is so easy to come by, i bought a copy from a store down the road and somewhere in town there is a e-play that sells about 4 of them at the moment, E-bay is the way to go, or try amazon

8. PSPizGr8

PSPizGr8 Member

I have exactly the same problem with sid's pirates. it just goes black but is constantly thinking and i can quit out of it. im gonna download another copy and see if it does the same thing as maby that cso is corrupt. does anyone else have any ideas how to get it working as if I can avoid downloading it again i would.??
    cheers

9. bxia

bxia Member

i just recently had that problem too "the screen goes black but is constantly thinking and i can quit out of it." but after i put fw 3.03oe-c on my psp it worked perfectly. but you should probably use newer version of custom fw though.