1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Playing SVCDs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by FPU4eva, Nov 30, 2004.

1. FPU4eva

FPU4eva Member

My apex AD-1225 doesent play SVCDs but it plays vcds and i want to know wat to do

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I wuold suggest you is to make a VCD, which you can play, from the SVCD you have:

1) if you have a disc or a disc image, extract the AVSEQ01.MPG file (the movie) and convert it to a 'true mpeg' with VCDGear (mpeg --> mpeg from the D:\MPEG2\ directory if you have a disc or cue/bin --> mpeg if you have an image)
    2) convert 'true' the MPEG-2 (SVCD) file to a MPEG-1 (VCD) with TMPGenc Plus or TMPGenc + M2V plugin (see the guide http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/svcd_to_vcd_from_cds.cfm)
    3) join 2 files (e.g. CD1 and CD2), if the SVCD contained a movie split in 2 CDs with TMPGenc___MPEG Tools____Merge & Cut (type: MPEG-1 Video-CD)
    4) make a brand new VCD with VCDGear and the mpeg-1 file you just made (mpeg-1 --> VCD cue/bin ---> burn into a VCD)

Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  3. FPU4eva

FPU4eva Member

but i dont want to do that wit every movie

4. stardust

stardust Regular member

Get rid of current player and buy a new one what plays SVCD.

5. shiroh

shiroh Guest

how about burning it as a dvd. no reencode is necessary.
    just demux the mpeg2 stream and burn as dvd.

or as stardust said. its already cheap.