1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem Port Forwarding to Wireless (but not Wired)

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by sstackho, Aug 31, 2004.

1. sstackho

sstackho Member

Hi there,

I've been using a router for a couple of years, but recently bought a Netgear WGR614 v4 wireless router. So I'm familiar with port forwarding.

However, with my new router, I seem to be unable to successfully port forward to my wireless connection. I am able to port forward to my wired connection with the same router.

I first noticed my problems when I was unable to get a decent speed with torrents. I also have another specialized application that worked wired, but not wireless. Now I have found the port checker at: http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl The test returns a Pass when I port forward to my wired IP, but not when I forward to my wireless IP.

I have the latest firmware for the router.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm doubting that my router is faulty, but I've done a lot of searches and haven't found anyone with the same problem.

Any help is much appreciated!

2. sstackho

sstackho Member

Oops, I think I might have just figured it out!

I had the box checked beside my wireless network card's "Protect my computer and network by limiting or preventing access from the Internet". Doh!