1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem reading discs with cobra 1.0

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by cybrdude, Apr 2, 2005.

1. cybrdude

cybrdude Member

Hi

I've just flashed my chip with the new cobra 1.0 bios, however none of my backups work anymore! They're on memorex dvd-r and worked flawlessly with cobra version 0.4. I've performed the laser tweak and altered my ohms value + and - its default value of 179, only to no avail.

Is anyone else having the same problem, and if so what do you recommend( apart from downgrading to v.04)?

cheers
    Cyberdude

2. neonikngc

neonikngc Guest

maybe you should re-flash the viper, just in case

3. cybrdude

cybrdude Member

The viper seems to have flashed properly though- i.e the new screen appears and all the options( direct boot etc). are present. It plays originals but just not the backups anymore :(

4. Elfeckin

Elfeckin Guest

Im actually receiving similar issues...i flashed from .4 to 1.0 and well first off 1 out of every 10 games will boot with out the swap method...i can actually hear the laser or somthing from within the cube make a high pitch noise and i know the game will boot....besides that though most games just wont boot unless i do the swap method...odd i say odd...

5. cybrdude

cybrdude Member

My laser won't even read the backups since v1.0 and when I go to disc explorer it says 'unknown disc'. Do you think it could be a bad flash, even though the menu system etc appears to be fine? I might just reflash incase, although I doubt this will have any effect :(

6. Elfeckin

Elfeckin Guest

Have you tired to do the swap method again with v1.0 cuz thast teh only real wa i can get hem to work with 1.0..for most disks im teh same as you...i go to explorer and the disk is unkown as you stated ....what ive notcied is that the disk either spins completly and itll work or it will stop shortly after gettin to teh menu system....if it stops it wont play for me ....but if it keeps spinning it plays (usualy)...either way its still stinks that i have to use teh swap method again...w/e i lose 20 more seconds of my day...no harm in doing a reflash i woudl assume....

7. Osirls

Osirls Member

Why not use the features in the ViperFlasher..
    Use 'compare' and you can test whether the bios was flashed properly..

8. Elfeckin

Elfeckin Guest

i actually allready did that myself to make sure...dont know about cybrdude....my issue now though is i keep gettin DRE more often with 1.0 :-/ have no idea y..probably going to go back to .4 btw i use mini ridata dvd-r.

9. cybrdude

cybrdude Member

Okay I see what's going on now. I thought the bios solved the problem of the swap disc method but obviously not for me :( The swap feature boots the disc but direct boot fails to recognise it. Guess I'm gonna have to wait for the next bios release before my discs will boot directly:(