1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem rebuilding Clean DVD

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by MultiCopr, May 3, 2007.

1. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

My brother in law made a copy of The Matrix a while back from clean flix and used a program that must have left out the menus because he only has the main movie files on his pc. I own the original dvd's but they are not cleaned up.

I have both in seperate folders on my pc right now and I need to know how to copy over his clean movie files onto my store bought dvd files so he will have all the menus and the clean movie files.

If more info is needed just post what is needed and I will post it.

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

You can use VobBlanker.
    Open the full movie then click on the main movie and then again in the box below. Then click on replace and choose your clean movie.

3. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

Ok I will try that and see what happens.

Ok I chose the main movie PGC #1 and chose to replace but when it gets to about 87% done it says it has finished too early and errors out. Is there anyway to just take out the main movie and paste in the clean one instead of trying to write over the main movie?

Last edited: May 3, 2007
  4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

When deleting and adding files in a movie, you have a problem with compliance. Does the names of the files you want to add coincide with those to be deleted. Once done, running FixVTS might help with the compliance of the file set... maybe. If I was doing it, I'd use DVDRemake to do the editing.

5. MultiCopr

MultiCopr Regular member

The original Matrix has 6 MAIN (1gig) files but the clean version only has 4, plus the clean one doesnt have the extra features and menus. That is what I am wanting, the clean movie with the real matrix menus.

I have dvdremake but not sure how to take out and add files, I mostly take out scenes sometimes but not put other scenes in.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I think this has turned into an editing thread instead of a rebuilder topic. I'm sure there's members here with more DVDReMake background than I have. I have Remake, but with RB doing such a good job, I rarely use it anymore. You may want to post for help with DVDReMake in a forum where editing is more the focus. When you have your compilation together and DVD compliant, RB will no doubt encode it for you.

I see where the error came in here. The program Rebuilder is an encoding program and not an authoring or re-authoring program. Apparently the name was misleading for you. To keep from double posting, ask a moderator to move this thread to the appropriate section of the forum. DVD Video Authoring, http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/126 , might be an idea.

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  7. spiesfan

spiesfan Regular member

Ripit4Me has the option to rip with menus and movie only. Also DVD Rebuilder Pro

8. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

This is true. With all the time spent here, you could have just used Rebuilder movie and menu mode.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

spiesfan, dialysis1
    It's not about ripping or even using Rebuilder. This member wants to take the files from one source and edit out similar files in another set of files and insert those from the first set. RB won't take the movie files from one set of files and add them to the menus of another for movie and menu. This is reauthoring using 2 sets of files. No ripping is needed as the sources have already been decrypted and are playable. Using Rebuilder isn't an issue. Reauthoring from separate files is the problem at hand and I don't think RB does that yet.

10. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

I might be mistaken but from what I understand the OP has 2 folders of the movie The Matrix. One is the full disc and one is movie only and he wants the menu for the movie only folder. I could be reading it wrong. I've done that before.
    Well, another way of putting the menu on the clean files is to use PgcEdit and import the menu from the other folder.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It would work the way you're saying if the movie files came from the same source. If they came from the same source, what would be the purpose? MultiCopr has said they didn't come from the same source or have the same file setup. I don't even know if the menu would work properly in the compilation he wants to create. My suggestion is use remake as it can repair some pgc chains and then process with FixVTS as added insurance. Then cross your fingers. Personally, I don't think it's worth all the trouble, but it isn't my project.