1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem recognizing DVD-R/RW discs!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by DiViDiAr, Mar 15, 2002.

1. DiViDiAr

DiViDiAr Member

My Pioneer DVD-R/RW drive seems to have an issue recognizing the DVD-R/RW discs that I put in it when I use PrimoCD. This also happens with neoDVD Standard, though I was able to burn once with that program before it started to refuse the discs.(I was able to burn with Nero, and it didn't turn out right, but that's another thread.)

Note: When I look at the properties of the disc in Explorer, it says it's an Audio CD with 2GB used! Is this normal? They all say this - I've tried 3 different brands (all perfectly dust and scratch free), including a Pioneer brand DVD-RW disc. Is there something wrong with my file associations?

When I first bought the burner and would put a disc in the drive, my Diamond multmedia player would open and start playing a midi file. Weird, so I unchecked the boxes in it that had it the default player (I did this for all sound files), but then WinAmp would pop up! I unchecked the boxes in WinAmp, and now nothing pops up (well one time Diamond popped up again and told me that I was in trouble for turning the default application off from being my default application!).

In Explorer the blank discs all have a Track1.cda file. I assume that this is some sort of manditory header.

Anyway, does anyone else have this problem, or a solution? dRD?

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

what you're experiencing definately doesn't sound normal. you should start by taking off CD autorun - do this via a registry hack (should be able to find the howto via a newsgroup search). that'll stop the wrong apps popping into action when you put in the media. then start primoDVD and erase your DVD-RW, fully. you can now start your troubleshooting.