1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problem ripping cars

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tlb666, May 26, 2007.

1. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

when i use dvd decrypter in ifo mode it shows that in vts_vob_1 there is a bad cell in 2...so i unchecked it and also number 1 to be sure. I then ripped the rest of the vob. I was told to open the BAD vob with ifoedit then click on strip streams. Then i'm supposed to open fixvts and open the vob then click on clean is this right?

then what?

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Instead of DVD Decrypter, just use DVDFab HD Decrypter (free) from http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm then use DVD Shrink on the files output by DVDFab if need be. DVDFab will do ALL movies out there, effortlessly..

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Creaky is right, use another ripper, or use DVD Decrypter with Shrink and RipIt4Me. RI4M is no longer supported, but to date does all the movies, unless I missed one of the new releases. The nice thing about RipIt4Me is that it does the decryption and compliance processing in one sequence using the 1 Click mode. DVDFab HD Decrypter does all the movies now as Creaky said. Occasionally one comes along that needs a bit more compliance processing though. It's happened in the past. In those cases use FixVTS and/or VOBblanker.

If you want movie only, dont worry about it. If you can get a rip, record the move only and there's nothing to worry about.

4. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

creaky and pacman> thanks for all the help. The reason I was having trouble was I was using ripit4me, dvd decrypter and THEN TRYING to use Titlewriter. The reason I wanted titlewriter was because with TW I could get just the main movie but ALSO the menus. I know with dvd shrink you can get the main movie and menus TOO but I was trying to NOT have to use any dvd shrink still images on my dvd. (Call me picky but I like the menus without having any still images) and as everyone knows you CANT take out extras with dvd shrink. With TW you can get JUST what you want. Thanks again for all your help and those who havent tried TW should give it a try...it TOO, is a one click concept also can add titles to your own dvds and text as well.

For those interested in TW try it out HERE-

FYI) I finally just used dvd shrink and made a few still images on it, for some reason TW wouldnt give me the Title menu but would give me the Root Menu i believe it was. Oh , Well beggars cant be choosy..LOL

awesome sight guys and great group to talk too.

Keep On Re-Authoring!!

T

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2007
  5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

happy DVD-ing :)

6. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

you just could have used the Main Move + Menus RIP option with RipIt4Me, and not use TW, but if that is a program you really like then by all means use it, i am the same way when it comes to VOBblanker.

7. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

tlb666
    Bowler is right about using RI4M to rip the movie + menu. Full DVD is the default with RI4M, but you have the movie + menu and movie only options. Titlewriter may be a favored program, but when using RI4M it is an unnecessary step as is editing with Shrink when you want move + menu or movie only.

8. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

pacman> if i use just ripit4me and dvd decrypter ONLY and rip main+menu only will it be TOO big to put on MOST dvds?

in other words...if i dont have to shrink it i shouldnt???

my OTHER question is can RI4M or dvd decrypter be set up to NOT rip the "piracy warning" and such? If so, how do I do it??
    I'm not REALLY familiar with these progs yet.

thnks

T

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

it really depends on the dvd, how long the dvd is. sometimes no compression is needed, and most the time very little compression is needed.

no, but most the time when you rip movie+menus the warnings will not be there(because sometimes the warnings are in seperate menus, rather then the menu for the main movie) i know sony and fox dvds have the wanings and MPAA ratings in different menus.

You might want to check out DVDRemake(not free) very good program
    also VOBblanker(free) allows you to blank,delete any thing you want out, while checking(fixing) the structure and removing fake(bad) cells, one of the best programs ever, the link for that program is in my sig

10. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

thanks 300> appreciate the knowledge.

great bunch of guys here..:)

T