1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem ripping THE DEVIL INSIDE

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by AnthonyR456, Jan 15, 2013.

1. AnthonyR456

AnthonyR456 Member

I've been using DVD Shrink for years and it handles 99% of my DVD backing up, but occasionally I get a "cyclic redundancy check error" and then I use DVD Fab. So with this DVD (The Devil Inside), it uses CSS and other copy protection schemes to thwart backups. In DVD Fab I found the correct title (Title 23) for this DVD and using either Main Movie or Customize I made a backup onto my PC at 100% Quality (at larger than DVD5 size) and then planned to open the HDD copy in DVD Shrink for RE-AUTHORing.

But when I opened the files in DVD Shrink, the movie was under "Unreferenced Material" and when you go to RE-AUTHOR it doesn't show Unreferenced Material, so there's no file to re-author. The movie plays fine in DVD Shrink in the Full Disc Backup window but I need to re-author it with DVD Shrink.

So the question is: How do I re-author Unreferenced Material in DVD Shrink? I checked the threads and I see nothing relevant to what I want to do. Even if I have to use another program to re-do the DVD Fab backup, I need the resulting backup to be re-authorable in DVD Shrink.

Another way of solving this problem would be if DVD Fab made a copy with the proper DVD layout schemes (ifos or bups) so that it could be read properly by DVD Shrink, but I can't seem to get DVD Fab to do it, although I'm happy it at least made something.

Thanks!!

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. AnthonyR456

AnthonyR456 Member

Well, I did some more searching and found a solution: VOB Blanker worked really well! VOB Blanker seems like a really powerful tool; the trick now is to figure out what more it can do that DVD Shrink or DVD Fab can't. Probably a lot.

Thanks anyway.

oking888 likes this.